Thread: Samsung Galaxy tab not turning on

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

Unhappy Samsung Galaxy tab not turning on

Hi I checked the forums and saw there was a bunch with the same problem but it seems like the solutions don't work for me. I tried the holding power button for 30 seconds,the volume and power button and the holding power and touching screen at the same time but none of these solutions are working for me.

So yesterday it was charging just fine but when I woke up it couldn't turn on so I left and ate breakfast. When I came back back it was at 4% so I quickly went to check my emails but than they were no charging and sign, making it suddenly turn off which doesn't make sense cause it had a bit battery. Now it hasn't been on for 12 hours and I'm wondering if you guys know any solution to fix this.

Extra Info: I had this tablet for little over a year and it has always been running great, I'm using my 3rd usb adapter(i'm thinking this is problem because the original charger that came with it was great but it broke so now I'm using these crappy cheap usbs I ordered off ebay and they don't charge that great but oneof the crappy one has last over 5 months is still doing great but maybe it broke causing my tablet just not to charge)

PS: Now if I hold the power button there is this weird flash in the back of tablet from the camera. What is that?

Anybody got any answers it will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by rockon240; 03-13-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

It sounds to me as if it is possible that the chargers you have been using have not been charging your Tab correctly.

If it is still under warranty I would advise contacting Samsung directly.

If you want to try something else, however, connecting your Tab to a powered on PC USB port for a minimum of 10 hours has been known to resurrect a badly flattened battery. If it does, you can then get a charger which matches the specifications of the original Samsung charger. As long as the new charger is the same voltage it can have the same as or greater amperage as the Tab will only draw the current it needs. The voltage must be the same & is probably 5v.

Hope that helps.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    You posted the same post same topic twice. Duplicate posts are against Forum rules.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    My thought is that either your Tab is completely drained and/or you do have a bad USB cable. Try charging it again, use the same cable that was charging good yesterday, and make sure you tablet is completely powered off. Charge it for a good 4-5 hours and don't touch it during that time. After that, see if it will power on then.

If it's still not turning on then I would look at the USB cable. It could be going bad as you said.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    My bad I can delete one I only reposted twice because this one in the wrong device forum so I thought I would get more answers there.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Please don't worry. I will delete the other thread & move this one as it has all the replies for you.

It will be in the Tab 10.1 help forum shortly...

Thread moved
    Last edited by janner43; 03-13-2013 at 07:51 AM.
    rockon240 likes this.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Have you tried charging from a wall outlet? Walmart has compatable chargers that plug in instead of charging through USB. When my cord got eaten by the cat that is where I got my new one. Seems to work faster and better than usb.

Remove Ads

Ads