Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketdan View Post
    Partially solved: 3-12-14

problem 3-11-14:
    I did hard reboot. Now I am stuck on the select language screen as well and can't select "Next" or the "language" drop down. With mine I can hold the power button and the dialog box will appear asking if I want to shut down or reboot. I CAN SELECT BOTH and shut down or reboot with no problems! I am baffled! Please someone help!

update 3-12-14 Partial solution:
    I found the CWM tar. file for my Tab 2. When I installed it from Odin it enabled the landscape mode. I turned it up right and the touch started working allowing me to select "select language" and "Next". I went on to finish setting the Tab up.
    Now there seems to still be an issue. Just in random spots the touch will freeze up like it did in the initial set up. Not everything just in random spots. Like when typing just one letter or number will quit working. I turn / rotate the Tab from landscape to the upright or reading mode then it all starts works without any glitches.

Possible solution: I really need a custom Rom for this Tab 2 P5113. I have not been able to find any custom Roms that didn't have a broken links or that wasn't a stock update file. I need a good custom stable ROM. I have found forums that say the P5110 will work with the P5113 but everyone that I have tried get rejected when I go to install it from the SD card. I really would like to find A tar file custom ROM that I could install from Odin.

What I have tried already: 3/09-11/14

1. Hard reset
    2. Loaded Odin on my computer then reload factory Rom
    (I would try a different Rom through Odin if someone can direct me to one that would work for the Tab 2 P5113)
    3. Trickle charge / hard charge / charged from computer
    4. Taking battery out. This seemed pretty stupid in my book. 2 P5113)
    Did you ever get this fixed? I just had the exact same thing happen. Ran the battery down to nothing on my tablet, wouldn't charge or boot up with a non-samsung charger. Bought a new samsung charger, got it fired up. It worked for a few minutes, now the touch screen is dead. Won't let me swipe to unlock the screen, won't let me select any options when I try to shut it down. I've tried the soft reset (holding power and volume button) and that hasn't worked.

What did you do to get yours fixed?

Also, this is a fairly new digitizer. Wife broke the original screen a few months back and I bought a genuine Samsung digitizer as a replacement, and it had been working flawlessly for several months.

Thanks for any help. Thought I'd post here before I started a new thread asking the same question.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    i had this same problem on 2 different tab s2's here is what i figured out......

the trick i found out is to not put your tablet in power save mode, my buddy had his in power save mode and the touch would not be responsive after we locked the screen, so we exchanged it (of course we didnt know this was the issue at 1st) and got a new one and did the same thing, initially reading on here and trying all these other "Solutions" i thought it was apps he was installing.. deleted those and nothing...so i see his tablet is in Power Save Mode and i turn it off...and WALA!!!! it worked, no problems with it now it works fine....i mean we have a volume down key issue but its not too too big of a deal... but i really hope this helps you guys, i was really annoyed with customer service, they didnt help at all, they just pointed me to a sevice technition in my area, and they will charge you, i forwarded this info to thier head of quality control with my info hopefully they can get back to me to help the later versions with this problem, its a very nice and amazing tablet when its working

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads