Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

Despair - Galaxy 10.1 won't switch on or reboot

Hi all

Hope someone can help me.

My galaxy tab had about 60% of power when I downloaded an app. I was playing a card game at the same time. Then it froze and no buttons would respond. I left it alone and eventually the screen dimmed. I tried to wake it up but it would not work. I thought maybe the battery was drained and put it to charge but the charge symbol was not coming on the screen. I knew it meant trouble as it has happened twice before.

I tried to reset the tab by pressing the on/off button and volume up but nothing! Counted 20 seconds, counted 30 seconds... I tried the trick that they showed me at PC World to use two fingers to press on screen whilst keeping on/off button pressed - nothing!

Tried to find solutions online but everyone suggests to do the on/off and volume up which of course is not responding.

I feel very upset. The tablet is just over 2 years old. It's had problems twice before. You do not expect to face such problems. (I've also bought a Samsung phone and have had problems with it overheating, switching itself off or restarting itself, problems switching it on... is Samsung an unreliable manufacturer? I certainly won't buy anything more from them!)

Hope someone can help me...

Thanks in advance

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by zontania View Post
    Hi all

Hope someone can help me.

My galaxy tab had about 60% of power when I downloaded an app. I was playing a card game at the same time. Then it froze and no buttons would respond. I left it alone and eventually the screen dimmed. I tried to wake it up but it would not work. I thought maybe the battery was drained and put it to charge but the charge symbol was not coming on the screen. I knew it meant trouble as it has happened twice before.

I tried to reset the tab by pressing the on/off button and volume up but nothing! Counted 20 seconds, counted 30 seconds... I tried the trick that they showed me at PC World to use two fingers to press on screen whilst keeping on/off button pressed - nothing!

Tried to find solutions online but everyone suggests to do the on/off and volume up which of course is not responding.

I feel very upset. The tablet is just over 2 years old. It's had problems twice before. You do not expect to face such problems. (I've also bought a Samsung phone and have had problems with it overheating, switching itself off or restarting itself, problems switching it on... is Samsung an unreliable manufacturer? I certainly won't buy anything more from them!)

Hope someone can help me...

Thanks in advance
    Welcome to the forum Zontania, I'm really sorry you're having this problem! I would suggest trying a trickle charge; plugging it into your PC via USB for several hours, making sure the PC doesn't sleep. If that "wakes up" your tab, you can finish the charge via the wall wart. Let us know if that helps.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    I have tried that - no joy

Why would it be any different though from trying to charge the tablet in the normal way? It doesn't make sense.

I rang Samsung and they informed me that they only deal with tablets under warranty and gave me an email address for a service provider. I emailed them but haven't heard back from them yet.

To think that I was responsible for so many sales of the Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 with the review I had put on Amazon! I told the guy that I would not be buying any more products from their company and he was devastated - not! Sigh

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Alright, tablet is working again. I left it plugged in all night and then by the next afternoon I thought to give it another try with the on/off button (no joy); on/off button and volume up (no joy). Then my 8-year-daughter suggested I try the on/off button and volume DOWN (no joy). Then I shouted at the tablet 'WHY WON'T YOU SWITCH ON?!!!' and pressed the on/off button briefly whilst stabbing the screen with 3 fingers and.... TA DAH! The tablet came to life.

I think what happened is one of the apps (or all) caused a massive battery drain which would explain the tablet going dead and not responding to anything. I have removed the downloaded app that made the tablet crash in the first place and also removed Coindozer because it was running both times I had issues with the tablet not switching on.

What was frustrating is charging the tablet and not getting an indication that it is charging so you are not sure what is happening.

I am glad I didn't send it off to repair because that would have been a total waste of money

I hope my experience helps someone else and thanks for the idea of charging the tablet via my laptop.

Ads