Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

220V Plugin for Adapter that Says 125V

I am travelling to Cuba and I would really like to bring my tab with me. The hotel website says the outlets are 220V and the piece that plugs into the wall says 125V. I asked Samsung service Canada and they said it should work but as a starving student I could not afford my tablet to be fried. Does anyone know anything about this? Are there any people in Europe who use 220V outlets and could check if their tab's plugin piece says the same thing?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    buy a voltage transformer (220v to 120v) and save yourself the headache

note if the samsung plug says 125V and you plug it into the 220V, you will fry your device

Quote Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    I am travelling to Cuba and I would really like to bring my tab with me. The hotel website says the outlets are 220V and the piece that plugs into the wall says 125V. I asked Samsung service Canada and they said it should work but as a starving student I could not afford my tablet to be fried. Does anyone know anything about this? Are there any people in Europe who use 220V outlets and could check if their tab's plugin piece says the same thing?

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    You can find everything you'll need here

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    make sure you get a transformer not just a plug converter

Quote Originally Posted by fractal38 View Post
    You can find everything you'll need here

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I guess I'm late into this discussion, but I was curious about this too. The middle connector that the usb plugs into, is that a transformer? I don't see a voltage rating on it. I know with my laptop the power supply can take up to 220v and all you need is the adapter and not a transformer. The Samsung one is confusing as it doesn't give the voltage rating, but having the 2 prong piece removable seems like you should be able to put other connectors on it (otherwise what's the point of making it come apart?).

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasKevin View Post
    I guess I'm late into this discussion, but I was curious about this too. The middle connector that the usb plugs into, is that a transformer? I don't see a voltage rating on it. I know with my laptop the power supply can take up to 220v and all you need is the adapter and not a transformer. The Samsung one is confusing as it doesn't give the voltage rating, but having the 2 prong piece removable seems like you should be able to put other connectors on it (otherwise what's the point of making it come apart?).
    Laptop and pc power supplies have a transformer built in - the samsung plug doesn't as far as i know - it merely has a plug adaptor

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My Samsung wall charger says the voltage on it and it says "input 110-240 volt." The prongs on mine are removable so you can attach a European plug to it making it a world charger. I would just have to buy the attachments for it. In fact I was just in the middle east, where they use European standard 220 volt. Whenever I would go to the cafe and use my tab i would just bring an adapter with me and plug into the wall.

7732.jpg
    This is the one I have. This came with my tab, I didnt buy it separate.

Wholesale UK Power Plug - Product Picture from HHSUN ELECTRONICS CO LTD
    I didn't use this exact adapter but it looks just like the one I used with my Samsung wall charger.

Just make sure that your wall charger can take that range of voltages. I can pretty much guarantee that you will be fine with just an adapter. There should be a little sticky on the charger that says what it can take. If not then your kind of out of SOL and will need to get a transformer. You can get one that will suit your needs for $30-$50.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Power supply

The Power supply that comes with the Galaxy Tab 10.0 is not a transformer but a modern switch mode power supply that can be used on any voltage from 110 to 250 volts 50/60 Hz

Remove Ads

Ads