Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New Owner - Some Issues

Hi,

My girlfriend bought me a 10.1 for Christmas and I never had looked into a tablet as I need to transfer data & programs back & forth when I'm on the road vs at home. I'm on the fence as to keeping it or getting a netbook instead. I have several email addresses I need to get emails from and this won't do what I need it seems, as my one email program is a windows version (Pegasus) and lets me get emails from all five accounts & filters the emails into respective folders. I'm also a musician and want to play MP3s at any time. I loaded several into the 10.1 tonight and went to a band practice. When I got there, there were no wifi connections available. I went to play the MP3s by clicking on the music hub so I could get to playlists > my device but I was notified there was no internet connection and it would not allow me to go further. It did however look like I could have played a video if I had one stored when I clicked on the media hub.

Is this a bug in the 10.1 where you have to be connected to wireless to play MP3s? To be sure, I was playing MP3s between the house & the practice but when I got out of the car I turned off the 10.1 and it was, when starting fresh with no connection that I had the issue. Now I'm back at my place, my wifi is connected and all seems to be working fine again.

Another issue is when trying to reply on an email, I can't seem to get the pointer to land where it needs to be to edit typed text. I needed to reply to an email and it would jump over one line & go to the next paragraph. After trying for five minutes to get the pointer to go to the right location I finally ended up deleteing all the text and start the email anew. Any fix for this?

I probably would be happier getting a netbook with HDMI & SSD & I can run any of my music programs on it & transfer my email program back & forth but the Galixy was a gift and if I can make it work as I need it to so it's an asset to me, It would be better to keep it and keep her happy.
    Last edited by Megalomando; 12-27-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the site. Sorry can't help you with your questions as I'm not far into the Tab other than surfing around the net. I am certain someone will come along and give you some pointers. I would suggest that you give it about half the time for returns to find out how to get this working, and talk to your girlfriend. If it does not look like it will be best for your needs, she should understand and support you returning it for something that is better for you. After all, she wants you to have something that will work best for you. It wouldn't be her fault if this wasn't the Tab!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Marie, thanks for the reply. It's not a problem if I exchange it for something else, it's a gift though and something she bought me for Christmas & for that, I'd rather keep it if it will do what I need. It works fine with Google but going to the 4 other separate POP3 web sites and navigating through all of those non web based POP3 email accounts multiple times a day will become a PITA soon enough. One thing for sure is if I can't use the MP3 player while I'm out of wifi range, that will be a corker & I'll have to exchange it, possibly for one of the Asus netbooks.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Try looking around the site to see if someone has asked about this before. There are also some other sites that are very good for getting questions answered. Think some of them are listed at the bottom of the 'forum' page.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Try droidforums dot net. Thought the sister forums were listed here, but I guess not.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi I am new as well, but I have the email part down to pack. when replying to a email and you need to correct some text tap with your finger in the any where near the text you like to edit a blue strip will appear you can now drag the curser to the exact location.

As with the mp3 and video use Kies from Samsung to load on your pad, and you won't need internet to play as I do it all the time and have only 3G for internet.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello.

Problem one was commonly caused by transferring the MP3 files to wrong location. Instead of copying the files into the actual memory storage in the Tab, they got copied to somewhere else. Another common mistake was copying the right files, but pasting the "shortcut" instead of the actual files. If file-size is less than 1 KB then it's most probably a shortcut to the original file.

Problem two may have been caused by an accident where someone or something pressed on the Tab a bit too hard and leaving the touch-screen sensors to keep pressing certain areas. We solve this by shutting-down (Shutdown) the gadget, wait, then start-up again. If this was not the cause, then all I could think was probably part of your palm or bracelet accidentally touched it. A good typing habit is to use the finger-tips (to tap and swipe) and avoid letting the palm rest anywhere on the gadget.

That's all I can think about now... I really hope you can find the gadget more useful. Cheers and happy New Year

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    with a few accessories the GT7510 can come alive. I have a dock,hd adapter,and the usb/card reader kit and now I can use my OPTIMA PK301 pocket profector,which is a great setup for presentations,etc.The dock and hd adapters both have 3.5mm speaker jacks.
    SAMSUNG really has not done a good job on information about what accessories do and what is needed to make them work.
    I am going to CES2012 and will be sure to see the SAMSUNG display area.

Remove Ads

Ads