Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Can I Use My Bigpond.com Email Address on the Tab (WiFi)?

Hi
    I am very new to the forum and the tab. I want to use it while travelling through Europe.
    Can I check my emails on my bigpond.com account from the tab or do I need to give everyone my yahoo address and use that while I am away.

Thank you
    Janderra

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes just add a new account to the email app.
    User name and password
    POP3: mail.bigpond.com
    Outgoing SMTP: mail. bigpond.com

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Red face

Can you please tell me how NOT to send my bigpond emails to my gmail address on my Galaxy Tablet? I have tried deleting my bigpond email under settings Account & Syncs but my bigpond emails still keep going to my gmail account. Thanks

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by Laramie75 View Post
    Can you please tell me how NOT to send my bigpond emails to my gmail address on my Galaxy Tablet? I have tried deleting my bigpond email under settings Account & Syncs but my bigpond emails still keep going to my gmail account. Thanks
    There are a couple possibilities here. I think the problem must be on the WEB side. Either you set up your BP account as a POP account in G-Mail in which case G-Mail polls the account and gets the mail, or you set up a forward on the BP account to go to G0Mail. The problem does not sound like it is on your tablet.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    There are a couple possibilities here. I think the problem must be on the WEB side. Either you set up your BP account as a POP account in G-Mail in which case G-Mail polls the account and gets the mail, or you set up a forward on the BP account to go to G0Mail. The problem does not sound like it is on your tablet.
    I think it may have been in the gmail set up. Can you please tell me how to stop it, I have looked in Gmail but can't find anything? Thanks

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by Laramie75 View Post
    I think it may have been in the gmail set up. Can you please tell me how to stop it, I have looked in Gmail but can't find anything? Thanks
    Not knowing what happened makes it really difficult to tell you what to do. I would go to G-Mail on the WEB and look at ALL the settings. There are options to have G-Mail pull mail from another account. Setting that up isn't exactly intuitive so I'm wondering if that's really where the problem is since it would seem you would have remembered that. I suspect you, (or someone) set up your regular mail to also forward to the G-Mail account.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Remove Ads

Ads