Thread: E books

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

E books

Hi, I am completly new to this type of tablet ( I usually swallow them...lol).I am an avid reader of ebooks,Ive downloaded Kindle and some ebooks.Can I create a folder on the home page to open a library or the book I am currently reading? Do I need to download a file manager to manager ebooks/pictures/movies etc on the Galaxy. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

Here are some answers to your many questions
    1. You can either open apps such as Kindle or Aldiko and read from there, or use a File Manger approach. Both options are covered in great detail in the e-reading FAQ linked from my signature
    2. Some File Managers will allow you to create direct home page links to files and/or folders - Astro for one. There are others you might like to look at such as ES File Manager or File Expert.

All the best

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I find that my Tab 2 7.0 apparently does not see my .epub files on my SD card. there is no doubt that the files are there - I can see them on my PC using a USB reader to hold the SD card. In apps/storage the SD card space is shown as well as the 2Gb taken up by the 3000 .epubs files but the latter are not specified.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by melturet View Post
    I find that my Tab 2 7.0 apparently does not see my .epub files on my SD card. there is no doubt that the files are there - I can see them on my PC using a USB reader to hold the SD card. In apps/storage the SD card space is shown as well as the 2Gb taken up by the 3000 .epubs files but the latter are not specified.
    Welcome to the forum

I recommend getting Aldiko from the Play Store. You will need to import your e pubs into that app, but it really is very good.
    Take a read through the e-reading FAQ linked from my signature for further advice & alternative options & apps.

All the best

Remove Ads

Ads