Thread: Keyboard Dock

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Question Keyboard Dock

I'm new to tablets & bought the Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 Full Size Keyboard Dock. It works great, but how do I disable or otherwise dismiss the virtual built-in KB when I'm using the docked kb? When I go to settings > Language & Input, the Samsung keyboard is listed (it does not indicate whether it's the virtual or physical kb) but the green checkmark is greyed out somewhat & there's no settings that I can see about overriding the virtual kb when docked. It's annoying when it pops up (Virtual kb) when I'm using the kb dock. I don't see anything on the virtual kb about settings or whatever either. Thanks!

On another subject, is there any way to make the browser open new tabs automatically w/o having to tap/tap to it? I'm using Firefox 20.0.1 & see nothing about tabs in there, nor in the default tablet browser. I'm running 4.0.4

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

I was unaware that there was a keyboard dock for the Tab 10.1, but what you are asking for should be available in settings I would have thought. Have you tried visiting the Samsung support/help section on the web?

As far as browsers opening new tabs, then again, in the settings of the browser you should find an option to allow you to open new tabs in the background/foreground - personally, I always long press on any link & decide which way I want it to be opened.

The browser guide thread link below might be of interest to you.

All the best

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    My bad, I meant to say is there a way to have the newly opened tab come to the front w/o having to minimize the main tab screen then select the new tab? I still haven't found a way to disable the virtual keyboard when using the docked keyboard, other than minimizing it every time i type. Thanks

Remove Ads

Ads