Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

WiFi Connection Problem

My tab was working fine. Since yesterday, I cannot connect to my Wi-Fi. My PC, net book, printer and smart phone have no problems at all. Hence this cannot be my router problem. I rebooted to factory setting. still cannot connect. It says signal strength excellent but no connection. Please HELP

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

If it isn't a problem with the router I would be surprised. 9 devices could work but not the 10th. Different chips in the tablets/phones/laptops plus different firmware have different potential problems. You did a factory reset of the tablet but had you done that to the router instead it may have worked. I'm basing this on the problems many others have had that were similar and your description (getting a strong signal). If possible, the easiest way to test out the tablet vs router is to go to a public hot spot or a friend's house to try connecting.

I have a link below that will take you top a thread with my name on it that will provide some possible solutions. My guess is a possible change in the type of security. Maybe even a 2 minute power down and back up of the router. Don't forget to tap the connection and tell it to forget it, then restart and attempt a reconnect.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Ihave a different problem. I gifted my tab to my father. I reset the tab to factory settings. I set up a wifi network and it registers with an excellent connection on the tablet. When I try to access the internet, I cannot connect.

I tried to set up a Google account for him but I can't make that work either because there is no connection.
    What am I missing?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

Being connected to the router is really (in many cases) not an indication that you are connected to the Internet. I have a link below that will take you to a thread that explains possible solutions. The shortest and quickest, if you in fact have a good connection the the router, would be to input fixed IP information into the WiFi connection. Long press the connection and go to modify - advanced to set the IP, DNS and gateway.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Remove Ads

Ads