Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hi From New Member

I love the galaxy but am encountering a few problems,so I would appreciate some help. I am unable to back it up on my computer or to organize my downloads into a file on my home screen. I originally downloaded websites directly onto the homescreen for ease of access, but now I want to organize the sites by category and have not been able to detemine how do this. I hope you can help me!

My 13 year old son has the ipad2 and can easily organize his home screens as well as back up his ipad (and iphone and our family itouches). I'm very frustated.

Other than that (and no spell check as far as I know) I'm happy with the galaxy. It's easy to create documents that I can email to myself for editing on my computer and has a great screen. I wish it had the same apps as the ipad though. I was not concerned about thst when I first purchased the tab, but my 7 year old son, who is an excellent student, has started following sports on his itouch and playing various sports games. He just got glasses and I would prefer that he play his games on the galaxy rather than the small itouch (he uses it on long car rides) but the same apps are not available on android yet.

I am very happy to have found this forum.
    Thanks in asdance for any help you can give me.

Also, has anyone purchased a portable keyboard? I type much slower on this keyboard than a regular one or even the one on my blackberry bold (touchscreen with spellcheck) so I was thinking about buying one to be more efficient.

Thanks!

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Welcome to the forum
    I use Circle Launcher to create folders for bookmarks, app groups, etc. One difference is instead of just dragging an app or bookmark over another to create a folder, you press/hold the screen until options show up, choose widgets, choose Circle Launcher and customize it from there. It's a little more work than the drag/drop mehtod of an ipad but it's also more customizable than a square with a name.
    I use a Zagg bluetooth keyboard and it makes long periods of typing MUCH easier. If you want to try a couple of onscreen keyboards that will make your typing MUCH easier than the stock one, forum favorites, and mine as well, are SwiftKey X tablet and Thumb Keyboard. Neither are free but they are worth the price should you decide against a physical keyboard.
    You are not the only one to complain about the lack of native spell check, though most onscreen keyboards have "word suggestion" which I've found fixes almost all of my misspells.
    As far as games, there are many similar, if not the same ones for Android vs ios ( ipad) and I've found that the list of apps on both is growing every day. For a good listing of apps that work on the Tab here is an excellent app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g2LmFwcDExOSJd

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk
    Support Our Troops!!!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello,
    Welcome to the forum.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the site.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you so much for all the great advice! I will look into all these recommendations.

I appreciate your help and everyone's welcome.

Remove Ads

Ads