Thread: power off -

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 8.9

power off -

My Samsung tablet suddenly went black. I recharged it just in case it was a battery issue, but it will not turn on.
    Are these devices servicable and at what cost? I have looked in the forums and can not find an answer
    Thanks in advance.
    Mac

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    My Samsung tablet suddenly went black. I recharged it just in case it was a battery issue, but it will not turn on.
    Are these devices servicable and at what cost? I have looked in the forums and can not find an answer
    Thanks in advance.
    Mac
    Welcome to the forum, Mac! Yes, they are serviceable, but I would try some simple things before you take that step. First, how old is the tab, is it still under warranty? Hold the power button down for 30 seconds, or so, and see if it turns on. If that doesn't wake it up, try connecting to your PC via USB and let it charge for several hours. This is called a trickle charge, it's very slow, but will sometimes revive your tab, and you can finish the charge using the wall wart. Make sure that the PC doesn't sleep while it's connected. If those steps don't do the trick, we'll discuss some of your service options. Good luck!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Thank you for your reply. I have tried to 30 sec start and it did not work. This is a basic tablet, probably 2 + years old and I'm the 2nd owner. It does not have a USB so that option is out. My concern is that I do not want to spend hard earned dollars ( I am a min wage senior these days) to rehab an old technology tablet.
    Mac

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    I'm not quite understanding this, doesn't have a charging cable? Those usually have a USB connection at the other end, which can plug into a 110 plug-in, or a PC.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 8.9
    well that is my bad....I never looked at that end; just kept it plugged into the socket. wow !

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    well that is my bad....I never looked at that end; just kept it plugged into the socket. wow !
    Don't feel bad, we won't tell anyone! lol Let us know if the trickle charge wakes it up!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 8.9
    thanks...it is awake this AM. Does this mean that the plug device is bad? I thank you for your help eventhough I have no idea what happened.
    Mac

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Glad it's working! It may have just been a hiccup in the cosmos, just keep an eye on it and see if it happens again.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 8.9
    thanks again

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I would take a read through the battery/charging help thread we have here Mac - linked from the Guides link in my signature, below. I think you'll get a handle on it then.

Remove Ads

Ads