Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Anyone Have Success with a Wireless Portable Projector From 10.1 Tab?

Would like to setup a mini projector for use with a 10.1 tab. Wireless preferred. Run from the tab - not the projector. thanks, lennie

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

more info

Sent a note to 3M asking about their MP180 projector - I'll let you know if anything good develops. Dont mind spending the 375 if I can link directly from the tablet...

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Response from 3M (x2)

responses from 3M about the MP180
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Thank you for choosing 3M. Unfortunately, the MP180 will not stream video using the wifi, you will have to connect the VGA cable in order for it to perform. If you want to show just a regular powerpoint presentation, you can use an SD card to load it onto the MP180 or you can use the bluetooth file transfer.

If you have further questions, please feel free to call our Corporate Customer Contact Center at 800-328-1371, option 3, or email us at meetings@mmm.com.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< another >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Thank you for choosing 3M. You will need a wireless router to connect to the internet on the MP180. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the shut off mode, it has been sent to the product engineer. Although with the complete shut off mode, it will require a longer time for the projector to start up.

dvdcatalyst
    A3P0001_01large.jpg

iGo Portable Projector

I ordered it last week, came in yesterday.

It has a MicroSD slot, which lets it play (720x480 MPEG4-SP) video, but it works great with my Xoom and Honeycomb's mirroring.

Not wireless, but its only $150 ($135 or so if you dig on the web a bit)

edit: the Xoom has MicroHDMI out, so make sure you have either the dock for your tab or a custom cable. The device itself has a "Mini HDMI" port, and comes with a mini-hdmi to mini hdmi cable and an adapter to MicroHDMI.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The exact names are PowerLite 1751, 1761W, 1771W, and 1776W. The prices go from $649 (518 Euro) to $1,099 (877 Euro).
    Only the projectors with W in their name support Wi-Fi, but all of them get USB (plug-and-play) and HDMI.
    mini portable projector
    micro projector
    mobile projector
    Finally, the image they can produce is 60 inches-wide from a distance of four feet (1.2 meters). And the resolution is 1,280 x 720 (WXGA), except on the 1751, which settles for 1,024 x 768 (XGA). Check with local retailers to see if they have received any shipments.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have just acquired galaxy 10.1 and want to use a vivtek Qumi Q2 pocket projector which is apple compatible, any ideas on how to connect it, would it need special app or how do we configure them to show, does one need to do some screen settings like with windows or does it just automatically show dual screens?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Do you need to download and app or set up specifically for tab to recognise the projector, I have difficulty engaging the projector, on windows one uses windows/P but I dont know if there is an equivalent here?

Remove Ads

Ads