Thread: TV Show Stream

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times

TV Show Stream

This is one of my fave apps - only cost $5 but the amount of enjoyment i get completely justifies it - This app lets you watch past/current episodes of some of your favorite TV shows - and in the case where you might not have cable, see shows you otherwise might not see - i just caught up iwht all 3 seasons of Breaking Bad, The Event, Spartacus Gods of the Arena, The Killing and Game of Thrones using this (yes it does require a wfi connection). Now i am going back to watch Babylon 5 season 1 - you can search the market for it... and here's a review by luvmydroid

Did you know that your Android phone is more than just a phone and PDA? It is a high tech entertainment device that goes way beyond simply playing games. Your Android phone running version 2.2 or above is a full-fledged flash-media device that can stream movies and television shows via the Internet to the palm of your hand. While most Smartphone users have the YouTube application installed on their devices, Android’s exclusive inclusion of Flash 10.2 into the system allows Android devices to stream media from a wide variety of places, such as Hulu and Megavideo.

However, finding what you want to watch amongst the sites to choose from can be daunting. Going to each website individually to search over and over again for last night’s episode of Dancing with the Stars gets cumbersome after two or three times. Because of this, if you plan to do a certain amount of video watching, especially if you want to stream TV shows, you will want to check out TV Shows Stream for Android. Although the app is currently $5 in the Android Market, there is a Lite version you can try first for free to make sure the app lives up to your expectations before buying, which is recommended.

Before you get started, your phone must meet a few requirements. First of all, your Android system must be either 2.2, 2.3 or higher, as these are the versions of Android with Adobe Flash built in. Many videos will not play on your device if you do not have Flash. Ideally you should have a processor over 600MHZ, with 1GHZ recommended. It is also strongly encouraged that you watch videos over Wi-Fi if you wish to save your data plan from going over, or that you watch over 4G instead of 3G, which can cause problems buffering and keeping the video from freezing. At the very least, your phone should have Wi-Fi if you plan to watch a lot of video.

TV Show Stream has no monthly payments, and searches the databases of many media services at once, so you only have to search within the app to find the show you want on a variety of locations. Support for Megavideo, Frogmovz and Karambavidz are included, with the option for Premium Megavideo if you have a paid account with Megavideo. You can fast forward and rewind, and best of all, there are no ads within the app itself, although the videos themselves might have ads.

Some devices are not supported, so double check at the Android Market to see if your device is supported, or try the Lite version to make sure it works. Never be bored again, or bummed about missing your favorite shows with TV Show Stream for Android!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    can't find it on my galaxy tab market, nor on a market search via the web. How about a link?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    this link has some download locations - TV Shows Stream v3.2.2 | Smartphone Deals

Quote Originally Posted by MutantCheese View Post
    can't find it on my galaxy tab market, nor on a market search via the web. How about a link?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have two streaming TV shows which are more entertaining. these are related to Drama and comedy series and we can also download any episode. which are given below down.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I use Playon which works really well on my Dell Streak 5 and galaxy 10.1....worth taking a look at.
    Once in a Life Time

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Why can't I get PlayOn in my Galaxy 10.1? Can anyone please help?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spark1974 View Post
    Why can't I get PlayOn in my Galaxy 10.1? Can anyone please help?
    What do you mean is it not installing or you cannot connect to PC?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am on my samsung 10.1 galaxy tab. On internet browser, I went to Download PlayOn and watch Hulu, Netflix, MLB.tv, YouTube & more on your TV, iPhone and iPad instead of your laptop. Free to try. | PlayOn. When I choose download Playon - it gives me this message: "looks like you're not on a a Windows PC. You'll need it to run PlayOn". Thanks in advance for your help!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    if you are on the web, you are linked to the PC version - you need to download this on your PC, for the tablet version you need to go to market

you need both to work - the pc version sets up your pc as the streaming server and the tablet version sets it up as the client

Quote Originally Posted by spark1974 View Post
    I am on my samsung 10.1 galaxy tab. On internet browser, I went to Download PlayOn and watch Hulu, Netflix, MLB.tv, YouTube & more on your TV, iPhone and iPad instead of your laptop. Free to try. | PlayOn. When I choose download Playon - it gives me this message: "looks like you're not on a a Windows PC. You'll need it to run PlayOn". Thanks in advance for your help!

Remove Ads

Ads