Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Video Streaming From PC to GT10.1...Anyone Tried It?

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Video Streaming From PC to GT10.1...Anyone Tried It?

I remember some being able to do this with their Xooms...it should be possible with our GTs too right?
    This would be awesome

video streaming from home pc to xoom

Update: I did try this and it works!...smooth with no issues.
    Last edited by spyder560; 09-22-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Which method/setup did you use? I saw a few different setups involving different programs like orb, tversity, upnplay, and moboplayer.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    his link points to a thread about PlayOn which i've used and can attest that works well - it also allows you access to a number of subscription based video streamers like netflix, hulu, espn etc.. not to mention your own directory and files

however the quality ofr video streamed depends a lot on the host PC - the PC must act as server and transcode the signal on the fly as it streams it over the net - so a powerful pc is a needed to get the best out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Which method/setup did you use? I saw a few different setups involving different programs like orb, tversity, upnplay, and moboplayer.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I use Splashtop to play videos on my desktop and they forward to my devices. when on my home network it sends over wifi with no lag or glitches. Afaik it doesn't work on Android over 3g or away from home wifi yet but works very well on my ipad over 3g and wifi.
    Before I drop another $5 on an app I already have I'm waiting for someone to answer if the hd version enables away from home network.
    Team Viewer is great on Android for everything but audio, is free and works well away from home

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have Mezzmo media server on my PC but that won't work with Upnplay on my GT10.1 Upnplay won't detect the server on the network.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    At the moment I am just using PS3 media server and streaming is fine at home. I have air video server from when I had an iPad and that was a great program for 3g on the fly transcoding. If there is an android equivalent app that someone could recommend, I would greatly appreciate it. I will try out teamviewer in the meantime.
    Last edited by Cloud; 07-08-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Using Skifta to stream video from WHS and PC, mostly all MP4's converted by Handbrake or DVD Catalyst. Skifta will also make your Tab discoverable for Media players like PS3 or WD Media player.

Splashtop works well if you want to stream internet content like Netflix or Hulu. Not perfect though.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I tried Teamviewer but its really a remote desktop app, not a cloud/streaming video app. I like skifta and it shows alot of potential, the only issues I have with it is that it freezes when trying to access my music folder due to the sheer size of it and videos play beautifully when they are specifically encoded for a galaxy tab, anything else is choppy or just unplayable. I also didn't actually get a chance to test it outside my house on a random wifi signal. If i cant find an on the fly transcoding app, I will have alot of file converting to do. Stupid iOS getting all the apps, android is a wonderful platform and should get the same level if not more support. I hope the ice cream sandwich will help motivate developers.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I stream Live TV from my TV Turner and DistanTV or my HP MeidaServer or Playon. I have a walking Media center...I just love it, More than my HP Mini laptop which is great 2.
    Once in a Life Time

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I use Dish Online to stream both live tv and dvr content to my G10. HQ content works great with both 3g and wifi.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads