Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .mkv support

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i personnaly use Mx player to play my mkv. A word of caution though, it seems that the bitrate of the movie has to be quite low around 1.5-2mbps for HW decode and 2-2.5mbps for soft decode. Nope! It's right, the HW decoding seems to not be as good as soft decode can be... might be a driver problem, i dunno, but it is surprising and so far, i can't see any interest to even support HW decoding on tegra 2). In my case, i spent weeks to transcode my whole DVD and BR movie library to 480p and 720p with an average 3 to 5 mbps bitrate so i can enjoy it from my NAS on my HT big screen AND hopefully one day on a capable tablet... So far, i reached the conclusion that i would have to waste more of my time to build a second low quality movie library if i ever wanted to watch anything from my NAS on my GT10.1... disappointing to say the least.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Try MoBo Player.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you are dl'ing high profile mkv off the net, you'll not get hw decode with tegra 2.
    I've not much experience with official download services but I suspect they aren't mkv containers.
    Kind of a step backwards as my SGS and Tab7 can all play them with various degrees of success.

It won't matter which app you use as they will all have to use software decode. You'll need to convert or hope nvidia or whoever sort out drivers for hw support I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads