Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Renting Movies from Media Center

Question: When you rent a movie from the new Media Center App that came with todays update... Do you have to watch it right then or does it stay in your Galaxy for a specific period of time before disappearing. I would like to rent a movie or two for long flight.. Is this possible? I guess I don't know how renting a movie for a TAB works?? Any guidelines?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    It would be nice if the "how to"s were readily accessible for those who are new to the experience. Someone will come along soon to answer. Sorry, haven't watched any movies on mine yet.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I don't know for sure with the GT but on iPad once you start to watch it you have 24 hours until it is unavailable. But if you do not start to watch it you can keep it on there for 30 days I think. Rent a $1.49 movie and let us know?

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    I'd like to buy Battle L.A. but dad burn if I can find it. I'm not renting it from Google for $4

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone
    Support Our Troops!!!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    with google movies once you rent you have 30 days to watch but once you start to play, you have 24 hours to finish it - and yes it does require being connected so it streams but likely buffers a few minutes at a time locally

not sure about the hub as my google IO tab is still left out in the cold from the touchwiz update.i'm going to crawl in a corner and sulk now

i recommend getting DVD catalyst ($9) which lets you transcode DVD you own into tablet friendly formats for carrying with you on long flights-

Quote Originally Posted by Evilspock View Post
    I don't know for sure with the GT but on iPad once you start to watch it you have 24 hours until it is unavailable. But if you do not start to watch it you can keep it on there for 30 days I think. Rent a $1.49 movie and let us know?

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have rented movies and watched them when I did not have a connection. It has to have been downloaded right?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I learned about this the hard way: If you want to watch movies on a plane and you use Media Hub to rent or buy, you must download the movie to your tablet, then before you want to watch it - you need to "start" the movie while connected to the internet. After it starts - you can stop it then restart it on the plane without being connected.

I was on an 8 hour flight and didn't "start" the movie while connected, so I was stuck watching a book and turning pages for 8 hours.

I'm still trying to find a better movie "store." Media hub doesn't have the latest videos or if they do, you have to buy them and can't just rent them.

Remove Ads

Ads