Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ktech24 View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem. if i import movies with kies they play choppy and eventually freeze. If i transfer it over FTP they play just fine. so its definitely a problem with kies
    Since you are connnected just drag n drop using windows explorer

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaTechnica View Post
    Since you are connnected just drag n drop using windows explorer

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    If I was on a pc yea.. But like the OP I'm on a mac, hence the reason we are even using kies.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Convert M4V to MP4 via Foxreal Video Converter

You know the tab can not play M4V videos, only easy change file extension to .mp4 can not solve problem, you must convert m4v to mp4 with video converter.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    OK..the way I do it is simple...Use a good ripper (Look on goggle) then I just connect with USB cable and put them in my movie folder. That's all.
    As far as encoding i do 720x480 1500 bit-rate and if it a concert i use 256 for audio otherwise 192 or less.
    Once in a Life Time

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    same here - my movies look beautiful even at 480 x 368 - people if you insist on playing that 720p or 1080p file, you are just wasting battery time decoding it - the display already limits you, the cpu has to work harder and the experience is not as good

Quote Originally Posted by Genkilljoy View Post
    OK..the way I do it is simple...Use a good ripper (Look on goggle) then I just connect with USB cable and put them in my movie folder. That's all.
    As far as encoding i do 720x480 1500 bit-rate and if it a concert i use 256 for audio otherwise 192 or less.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Videos finally work (mp4s & wmvs) on my Galaxy Tab 10.1

So I FINALLY got my mp4 files to play smoothly and completely! Sorry for the over-enthusiastic post but I was frustrated with the lack of results on what I felt to be an
    awesome device like the GT 10.1

Anyways, after numerous encodes and re-encodes I went back to square one and dealt with the software and NOT the files. As many ppl have pointed out, the files all seem to work great on other gear. Kies is definitely the culprit. It seems to re-encode the files on the fly. It did the same to my pictures leaving them garbled and corrupt.

The solution was utilizing an app called File Expert, found posted here in the forums and downloaded off the android marketplace. Essentially it allows you to set up an FTP connection to your Tab. Launch the app and it will give you the option to connect a few ways. I selected FTP and it will allow you to see all your folders on the Tab. It will create an FTP address, UN, PW etc which you can then insert in to your FTP program of choice on your Mac. I used Fetch on both my Macbook pro as well as my Mac Pro Dual Core and within minutes (like 2-3) I had transferred a complete feature length mp4 file. Also was able to transfer wmv files and they play well too. And the icing on the cake was being able to drop images on my Tab as well with no more image-corrupt issues either.

Hope this helps everyone! I'll be watching movies on my Tab if anyone needs me....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads