• 1 Post By SupremeDork

Thread: Touchwiz Killed Video Playback

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Touchwiz Killed Video Playback

Hi,

Since the recent Touchwiz update - video playback on my 10.1 is pretty awful. Some .mp4's that used to be as smooth as anything in mobo now just don't play (previously 2.5Gb) and now I've made smaller files with a lowe bitrate (1500kbs - 1.2ish Gb), are incredibly choppy with no audio.

Touchwiz has to be the culprit ... watching video before update = great, install update and then watch the same video = can't watch video at all Vs so choppy its unwatchable.

Has anyone else experience anything like this? If so please comment if only for my sanity!!

There are other people out there reporting this same issue (i.e 4th comment here - Fatcatvideo.net - Touchwiz update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 ), but it seems to be getting so little traction from sites like this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    For anyone remotely interested....

Just spoke to Samsung tech support and they claim that they've not received a single call / enquiry re. the Touchwiz update causing issues for HD video playback, or causing ANY other issues on the device. I recommended they run a few searches on Google - there are many Touchwiz issues out there.

Anyhow, after going through the process of backing up my device and then performing a full factory reset.... it is still the same...

• .mp4 and .m4v files over a certain size just can't be seen by the device (previous copy of a film at 2.7Gb that played so smoothly before Touchwiz on Mobo, not can't play whatsoever... in fact, Mobo now only reports the filesize as 600Kb!!)
    • Every other .mp4 and .m4v that used to play very smoothly (sub 1Gb) now plays really choppily - in all video players.

As they claim that they've not received any other issues re. Touchwiz, they want me to post my Galaxy to them so they can flash it and start again.... some 15 days wait!!

I've posted this issue on this forum a few times, and not had much response, so I'm guessing that the Touchwiz update hasnt caused any HD vid issues for anyone else on this forum?

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Have you downloaded the 3.22mb update?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    No. It's not been listed as available via the 'updates' of the tab itself. Do you know if I can download this update from elsewhere?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Im actually having a similar problem. Im not sure if its touchwiz, but it seems like right after the update only the videos that were on before are playing properly. I actually have a movie on there... and then I added the same exact movie (renamed it before I transferred so I would know the difference) and the newly added video doesnt play... What happens with some of them is they play the first few seconds and then the screen freezes, but I still hear the audio.... then ultimately it freezes.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    seems to be a common problem after the touchwiz update - i use moboplayer (and its codecs) and mx video player and have no problems

Quote Originally Posted by nybruh View Post
    Im actually having a similar problem. Im not sure if its touchwiz, but it seems like right after the update only the videos that were on before are playing properly. I actually have a movie on there... and then I added the same exact movie (renamed it before I transferred so I would know the difference) and the newly added video doesnt play... What happens with some of them is they play the first few seconds and then the screen freezes, but I still hear the audio.... then ultimately it freezes.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Solution

I may be necro'ing this thread, but what I have to say is relevant to the discussion.

If you can turn hardware rendering OFF and software rendering ON in your video player that will fix the choppy video playback.

I am able to stream Xvid/Divx, MP4, FLV, and more without a problem after making that adjustment.

I registered just to tell you all this.

EDIT: I only had to enable software rendering, not turn off hardware rendering (I don't think you can disable HW rendering). It appears that MX Video Player will use HW or SW as it sees fit.
    Last edited by SupremeDork; 04-11-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    AnimaTechnica likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads