Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New to Tablets/Mobile Devices

Hello, I am a computer technician who has been working in the Microsoft PC and Network world since 1985. While I am well-versed in most regular computer technology, I am a novice when it comes to mobile devices/tablets other than a basic cell phone and this Samsung Galaxy 7.0 Plus is my first venture into this technology, so I may need a lot of help.

This 7.0 Plus is for my wife for Xmas, (mostly for her to use for games, but I love the portability of this size and the Web & Skype capabilities are more for me, when we travel).

First off, I have a question about email on this. My wife's email is Yahoo and my email account is through AT&T (bellsouth.net). Should I use one or the other of the 2 included apps for email? Can either app be setup for different users or should I use one Mail App for her email and a different Mail App for mine?

About the GPS, which app do you find is best for offline GPS usage, (setting it all up on wifi before you hit the road).

Thanks!

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Welcome to the forum
    On the yahoo part I've read where it doesn't, sometimes, want to play nice with the native email app and K9 was a solution
    As far as gps, I've never ventured being Google maps because it allows me to precache

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Support Our Troops!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Welcome to the forum!

If you have POP3 with your Yahoo account, you can set them both in the Email app, and each of you would select which email account you want view in the Email app. There is no multi-user login for it.

If there is no POP3, then you would use the Yahoo Mail app and stock Email app for your wife.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, so there is a Yahoo Mail App that we can download and add and setup, correct? Actually, the Yahoo Mail App would be my wife's, then for my bellsouth.net, which has POP3, I can configure the stock EMAIL APP, correct on this one as well?

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Go into the market and do a search for yahoo. It should be the first choice that shows up. Free btw

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Support Our Troops!!!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    On the GPS, I would think there would be at least one Android APP that would be equivalent to something like Delorme's Street Atlas or Microsoft Streets & Trips that could be loaded onto an Android Tablet and would have all the maps for the GPS to use. I know I read something about using Google Maps but what I read you had to download 10 Sq Mi segments one at a time, that seems cumbersome for a long road trip.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn View Post
    On the GPS, I would think there would be at least one Android APP that would be equivalent to something like Delorme's Street Atlas or Microsoft Streets & Trips that could be loaded onto an Android Tablet and would have all the maps for the GPS to use. I know I read something about using Google Maps but what I read you had to download 10 Sq Mi segments one at a time, that seems cumbersome for a long road trip.
    Buy copilot it allows offline nav . Its $ 4.99 in the market

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just looked at the market and i see CoPilot Live USA for 9.99 and CoPilot Live USA Standard for 3.99. Which one of these do you recommend? Cost difference is marginal but no sense paying for the extras if they are not something I would use.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    i used the CoPilot Live for $3.99

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn View Post
    I just looked at the market and i see CoPilot Live USA for 9.99 and CoPilot Live USA Standard for 3.99. Which one of these do you recommend? Cost difference is marginal but no sense paying for the extras if they are not something I would use.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    How do I use the microSD card? I put it in and the Tab recognizes it. But I thought it would setup folders like the main storage is. Also, I connected my Tab to my computer to try and copy some video and music to the card, but my computer did not see the Tab or it's microSD card. I tried working from the MyFiles app already on my Tab.

Also, how can I get a given app to save content to the microSD Card, as well as choose that location to open items from?
    Last edited by QuiGonJohn; 01-01-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads