Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Message "Not enough memory delete some items"

Got my daughter the Galaxy Tab 7.00 for xmas. Now she gets this message (above), but when we try to go into Gallery to delete photos and videos we can't. How do we fix this so she can access her Gallery? How does she take more pictures? She does not have an SD card. So its all internal memory. She has 19 mb left. She did take quite a few videos so I think that is what ate up space. How come it won't let us go into the Gallery? I don't understand it.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the Forum. If you want to delete Pics or Vids in Gallery, just long press the item and drag it to the trash

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab

Message "Not enough memory delete some items"

Try uninstalling an app or two to free up some space, then delete some videos.

The app DiskUsage is awesome for showing what is using your space, but it probably won't install right now.
    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The problem is we can't get to Gallery to delete pictures or videos. We deleted apps that she did not use but we still get the message. How can we delete pictures and videos if we can't access them? We have had it for less than a month.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    You can try installing a file manager (I use ES File Explorer) and it works great.

If you can get that installed, look in the /sdcard/DCIM/ folder and your photos/videos should be there.
    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    If you have Facebook on the Tab, I suggest going to Settings->Apps then open Facebook and clear data and cache. I often find that Facebook takes about 50mb of space or more, so clearing that should give you some wiggle room to work with the Tab.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Alternatively, if you can install apps, try QuickPic - it is very small & should install OK - it is a superior photo / video app & will allow you to delete from within it.

One other idea - although the previous ones by Frederuco & Tweebee should sort it though - is to go to Settings, Apps, All & find Gallery - then clear cache, clear data & Force Close.

But be warned, doing that will probably DELETE ALL the photos & videos on your device.

It may not, but I can't be certain that it will not, hence the warning.

Your final, Nuclear Option, will be to do a Factory Reset - but that will certainly delete everything on your Tab.

Let us know how you get on.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Empty the cache

As Tweebee said, empty the cache. In my daughter's case, Vine was taking up nearly 3 GB of the 4.5 GB. Clearing the cache in Vine freed up 2.6 GB.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0
    Hello. New to this forum and love my Galaxy Tab. Have had it for some time and having my first problems which started with the same message, that I need to clear space because my memory is running out. I had over 550 mb when this occurred but moved pics to the data card, deleted inwanted apps etc and freed up over a gb of space. The message continued from time to time. Today it announced that the memory is full and now I'm getting these messages:

Sorry!
    The application Samsung Home (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unezpectedly. Please try again.
    When I hit Force Close I get this message window:

Sorry!
    The application LogsProvider (process com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider) has closed umexpectadly. Please try again.

These messages alternate and nothing removes them. I have turned off the device and left it off for from 5 minutes to an hour and when I turn it back on I get the same thing..
    Help Please.

Remove Ads

Ads