Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0

A Different Charging Issue

I have a Galaxy Tab 7.0. The battery died to the point that if I hold the power button - nothing happens. I plugged it in to my computer. The pic of the gold battery shows up and after a few seconds, the blue fill-in blocks start but as soon as the FIRST block appears - the screen goes black. This cycle continues for as long as it is plugged in. I have plugged the unit into the wall with the same result. I have held the power button for 2 minutes, held it with the volume button AND also tapped on the screen (these are ideas I've read about here in this forum - thanks for the ideas). PLEASE help.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

My suggestion, leave it plugged into a running PC's USB port for at least 5 hours, with the tab turned off. That will trickle charge it and may bring it back from the other side.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0
    Thank you - will try that.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the Forum.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the site. Hope you revived your Tab.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Same Problem With Charging Issue

I am having the same issue.. I have it charging on my laptop? That Ok? Also, how do know if it is turned off ( as suggested by leeshor 09/2013 ). Just a refresher... I have a galaxy tab 2 7.0 that froze for over an hour
    ( could not turn off ) then when it did turn off, I can not get it to turn on. Plugged into Samsung wall charger for about 9 hours, But still not showing a charge. The screen flashes on and off with battery symbol
    moving , but only to about . That is all it has done in last 9 hours. It is still under warranty but have no service centers near me according to Samsung site.
    Also, if laptop is a sufficient charging devise how do I keep it from going to sleep?

Thank you for your time and patientce

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydl View Post
    ...Also, if laptop is a sufficient charging devise how do I keep it from going to sleep?

Thank you for your time and patientce[/COLOR]
    Kay, go to your control panel, power options, and check never for "change when computer sleeps."

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Mine has done this 2 times and both was after downloading Samsung updates. 1st occurance had to buy new battery and install. Not an easy job, also old battery was probably still OK but would not "Power-up" Tab. Had to use the trick methods to get unit to come on even after new battery installed. HOLD both power and vol. buttons at same time.
    2issue (after installing updates required a reboot which I did). Now unit does not come on or even show battery charging. Tried all methods short of installing another battery....... This is getting too frustrating and expensive (batteries and installation). My advice is too "NEVER - NEVER" install any of the updates. Unit was working beautifully (BOTH TIMES) before updating. PS Samsung help site SUCKS.....Also PC will not charge your device enough like the wall charger does. Not enough amperage from computer USB PORTS.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbnizer View Post
    .....Also PC will not charge your device enough like the wall charger does. Not enough amperage from computer USB PORTS.
    Welcome to the forum JB! You are absolutely right about it not having enough amperage from a PC...unless you let it charge for a couple days, of course. That's why it's called a trickle charge. It gets just enough juice to wake it up, then you switch to the wall charger to complete the process.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Just posting to direct anyone reading this thread in the direction of our battery / charging guide thread within our Guides, FAQs & Tips section, linked from my signature, below.

Remove Ads

Ads