Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Not Responding to Touch!

My galaxy tab 2 7" isn't responding to touch. There are no cracks on the screen and it was lightly dropped a short distance, but landed on a rug. I have the newest updates installed and it is not rooted. The buttons on the side respond and i've tried rebooting several times. Nothing seems to work. Could the touch screen be broken and need replacement, or is there something else that could cause this problem suddenly? Thanks in advance.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the Forum. it's hard to say what the exact problem may be. It could be as simple as a loose connector. If you have some expertise, you can open the Tab and check the connection to the screen.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. it's hard to say what the exact problem may be. It could be as simple as a loose connector. If you have some expertise, you can open the Tab and check the connection to the screen.

Thank you. I'm not sure what it is. There arent any cracks in the screen. I don't know much about the inside of the tab, and I would hate to mess it up by opening it up. Last resort for me.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the site. Hope you can get this resolved without having to send it for repair.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I managed to get it opened and nothing seems to be disconnected or loose. I did, however, find moisture inside. I have no idea how it got there. The tablet has never been dropped in any liquid and as tight as the casing is, I don't see how the slightest bit of moisture got in there so deep. The moisture was on the side opposite the battery, and there wasn't a whole lot. I'm going to air dry it tonight and go from there. Can anyone offer any additional help on how to fix it? If that doesnt work, what parts could I replace to fix it?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Never mind. Oddly enough, it now lets me enter my pattern and responds to my touch. Any advice as to what caused this just in case it happens again would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    As tightly as these devices seem to be closed, there are several apertures in the case that allows moisture laden air to enter - around the power button, volume keys, microSD card slot, charging connector...

Air can be heavily laden with moisture which can then condense inside any device like this, so using it in a hot & steamy environment such as a kitchen or bathroom is not a great idea. Similarly, if you are in a country where it can be sub zero outside, then keeping any electrical device free from condensed moisture can be challenging - which is why most mobile phones have moisture detection "patches" so that manufacturers can tell if faults reported under warranty are covered or if they are "user induced damage".

Having said all that, I wouldn't want to give the impression that I was suggesting you are at fault in any way. I'm just trying to answer your request for advice for the future.

Glad you got it working again. All the best

Remove Ads

Ads