Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Internet Access Via Laptop Connection

Hi everyone,
    I am sure this has been asked and answered many times already but I cannot find the threads so sorry in advance.

I have just bought the Tab 2 7.0 (Wifi) as my first venture into the Tablet world but would like to know if there is any way I can use a wired or wireless connection to my laptop to get internet access while I'm at work?

Unfortunately the laptop is not mine and I have limited admin rights so I cannot install any software so if there is a simple way to do this I would appreciate it.

Mark

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    get a nano router (~$25) - i use TP Link myself- connect it to the laptop and it serves up a Wifi hot spot you can connect to

TP-Link 150 Mbps Wireless N Nano Router TL-WR702N Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Quote Originally Posted by cov1978 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am sure this has been asked and answered many times already but I cannot find the threads so sorry in advance.

I have just bought the Tab 2 7.0 (Wifi) as my first venture into the Tablet world but would like to know if there is any way I can use a wired or wireless connection to my laptop to get internet access while I'm at work?

Unfortunately the laptop is not mine and I have limited admin rights so I cannot install any software so if there is a simple way to do this I would appreciate it.

Mark

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was looking at some "nano routers" and from the description, people use them to add or to enhance the wireless capability of a laptop to see their home WIFI. Are there only certain ones that will add wifi output to a wired computer for a tablet to pick up.

I guess I am confused.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I was looking at some "nano routers" and from the description, people use them to add or to enhance the wireless capability of a laptop to see their home WIFI. Are there only certain ones that will add wifi output to a wired computer for a tablet to pick up.

I guess I am confused.
    The TP-Link mentioned in the previous post is one of the better nono routers but ASUS also makes a great one, WL-330N3G. If I'm not mistaken both can be used as a range extender for a laptop or tablet or as an access point (to hardwire the router), among other things.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I assume one of these would need a dedicated network cable separate from the computer since they don't appear to have an ethernet output.

Then I saw some that just look like a USB dongle, but I think those are just to add wireless to a computer that didn't have it.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I assume one of these would need a dedicated network cable separate from the computer since they don't appear to have an ethernet output.

Then I saw some that just look like a USB dongle, but I think those are just to add wireless to a computer that didn't have it.
    Neither needs a network cable they can both be used WiFi to WiFi as a booster/extender. After configuration they don't necessarily need any physical connection except for power, depending on what you will be using it for.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Remove Ads

Ads