Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SCOTLAND UK
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    15821
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

    [SOLVED] Tab2 "7" Playing Games Problem

    hi,
    wondered if anyone can help me with the problem that my tab2 wont play the games I have downloaded,
    it loads the game up then switches off after 5 seconds, does this with all the games.
    I read somewhere that you can clear data and cache but what does this mean exactly, and does it mean I lose everything I have downloaded if I clear them?
    many thanks
    HMSEDINBURGH

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Swainsboro, Georgia
    Posts
    430
    Member #
    14879
    Liked
    44 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by HMSEDINBURGH View Post
    hi,
    wondered if anyone can help me with the problem that my tab2 wont play the games I have downloaded,
    it loads the game up then switches off after 5 seconds, does this with all the games.
    I read somewhere that you can clear data and cache but what does this mean exactly, and does it mean I lose everything I have downloaded if I clear them?
    many thanks
    HMSEDINBURGH
    Welcome to the forum HMSEDINBURGH! No, you won't lose your installed games by clearing the cache and data, but you will lose your scores and progress by clearing the data. Strange it won't play any of your games, I'm guessing that you got them from the Play or Amazon stores? Go to Settings>Applications, and swipe left until you reach All. Then find the app and clear the cache and data. Let us know if that helps.

  3. #3
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SCOTLAND UK
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    15821
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    many thanks for that , will give it a try and keep you posted.
    HMSEDINBURGH

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    XXXXX
    Posts
    2,109
    Member #
    87
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the site. Hope that clearing the cache helped.

  5. #5
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SCOTLAND UK
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    15821
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    hi again,
    sad to say that clearing the data and cache didn't solve the problem ,tablet still very unresponsive, decided to do a factory reset and everything is now ok again.
    many thanks for the advice and help.
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Welcome to the site. Hope that clearing the cache helped.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Swainsboro, Georgia
    Posts
    430
    Member #
    14879
    Liked
    44 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by HMSEDINBURGH View Post
    hi again,
    sad to say that clearing the data and cache didn't solve the problem ,tablet still very unresponsive, decided to do a factory reset and everything is now ok again.
    many thanks for the advice and help.
    Congrats. We usually resist the infamous factory reset, but it's sometimes the magic bullet! I'm going to mark this thread solved.


 

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:13 PM.