Thread: Charging Loop

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Charging Loop

hey guys my partner has had a tablet for a little while now, and i must say she aint the greatest at keeping things charged and looking after batteries but anyhow, it stopped charging properly a couple of weeks ago, more so when it was turned on it would not charge, i tried charging through different outlets, different plugs and through my pc, the only way i could get it to charge was when it was turned off and it would take a day or 2 to reach a full charge, basically it was trickle charging...

now shes let it die completely and it wont charge at all, iv tried my laptop, wall, and different plugs, ut flashes up the charging icon then a vattery with the circle of bars in it then goes to a black screen.

iv tried getting it to connect to my laptop with kies with no luck, iv tried holding the power button down , touching the screen, volume buttons etc etc, but nothing at all.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by andyh1984 View Post
    hey guys my partner has had a tablet for a little while now, and i must say she aint the greatest at keeping things charged and looking after batteries but anyhow, it stopped charging properly a couple of weeks ago, more so when it was turned on it would not charge, i tried charging through different outlets, different plugs and through my pc, the only way i could get it to charge was when it was turned off and it would take a day or 2 to reach a full charge, basically it was trickle charging...

now shes let it die completely and it wont charge at all, iv tried my laptop, wall, and different plugs, ut flashes up the charging icon then a vattery with the circle of bars in it then goes to a black screen.

iv tried getting it to connect to my laptop with kies with no luck, iv tried holding the power button down , touching the screen, volume buttons etc etc, but nothing at all.
    When you first said you tickle charged it, was that in the wall outlet? Have you tried trickle charging via an awake PC for several hours...eg-like overnight? IF you haven't, that's what I would try first. Also, how about the charging cable, do you have a way of using another one that is made for your device?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    i bought a whole new charger set and tried that, iv left it in my laptop to charge and it just does the same thing over and over

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by andyh1984 View Post
    i bought a whole new charger set and tried that, iv left it in my laptop to charge and it just does the same thing over and over
    How old is the tab? I guess it could be at the end of its life How long did you leave it plugged into you laptop?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    How old is the tab? I guess it could be at the end of its life How long did you leave it plugged into you laptop?
    i doubt its at the end of its life if it is then its a piss poor build as its only just over a year old and doesnt get used heavily and when it does its only used for facebook etc, it got left in my laptop for most of the day, and before that left in the socket over night, to the same result battery charge indicator flicks up then goes to the battery with the circle made of bars then black screen

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Andy, if it's not even two years old, it should still be under warranty! I would suggest RMAing it.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was having the same problem on 2 different Samsung tablets. They would not charge on the USB or the wall charger either one. The battery would pop up like it was charging then a few seconds later the screen would go black. It just kept cycling from the battery to a black screen, then the battery would pop up again and then black screen. I tried a wall adapter from my phone and at first it cycled a couple of times then I noticed that the battery was staying on and it was charging. It is charging now so I hope it is in fact charging.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

I hope so too. When you tried the 2 tablets were you using 2 different chargers?
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    I have the same push problems with mine. Won't charge while in use. Only when shutdown and overnight.. bought it Nov 2012

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I think you're charger isn't working properly. Even off it shouldn't take that long to charge. Does it indicate that it's charging when plugged in and on?
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads