Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Galaxy Tab2 10.1 Taking Ages to Charge

Hi, I have my tab 2 for approx 14 months, when I charged it at the start it would take 3/4 hours to charge completly but over the last 2 months or so its taking over 14 hours to charge completly. I did the update that I was getting prompted to do which changed some of the format etc on the tablet and am not sure if this is the same time my charging problems started.I will admit at the very start I did use my tablet 3 or 4 times while it was charging, I've been told that you shouldnt do that so havent done it since. My charger is the original one that I got with the tablet.Is there something wrong with my tablet or is this something that I can fix myself baring in mind I'm not very technically minded?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

It could be your tablet but I would be suspicious of the charger or the cable before the tablet. Can you take it to a store and check with their charger to see if you see better results?
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I'll add the following suggestions ...

1) Try charging while your device is off and see how long it takes. IE use the Tab until the charge is around 25%. Then connect to your a/c charger. Now power off the Tab (leaving it connected to the charger). See how long it takes then.

2) If when you have checked that & Leeshor's suggestion of ensuring the charger & cable are fine, and if you still have this issue, then I would take the opportunity to back up what you have on the Tab & then do a "Factory Reset" (which will give you a fresh start with the newest firmware on the device) & see how things work from then on. If you need a guide on Factory Resetting, we have one in our guides, FAQs & Tips section, linked from my signature, below.

All the best

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the replies, I don't think there could be an issue with my charger as I look after it quite well but I will check it out just in case. Janner I will try your suggestions too when the battery goes down this time and see how that goes once I've figured out how to back everything up so I could have some more questions about that! :-) Thanks again.

Remove Ads

Ads