Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

After Factory Reset, Keyboard Missing/Playstore, Others Not Working

Hi!

Here Is a problem of epic proportions!

Model: GT-P3100 (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 wifi+3G)
    Kernel No.: 3.0.31-13044325
    Android Version: 4.1.2

My Tab used to switch off automatically since the last 2 weeks. Yesterday the Tab started updating its OS automatically. During the update, the tab switched off and the update failed. The Tab restarted however and continued the update process.

The update completed, the tab switched on and then a message popped up that update failed. Since then, Google Play Store, Messaging, Bluetooth, Connecting to PC via wire doesn't work. Keyboard and calculator is missing. Apps wont install or update due to error -110.

The keyboard is no longer there. After lot of research and trying various solutions all over the internet, nothing worked and I reset the tab. Problems only escalated.

Now I have a tab that is not connected to any google account, since I cannot type. Side loading keyboard or any other apps donít work since google play store fails. Non-play store apps donít load too for the same reason. And I cannot log in to google play store since neither keyboard nor voice to text works!
    Note, the tab is already reset, so cache is all cleared and all system apps are enabled.

Any solutions please!? Anybody up for this challenge?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Hey, John, just wanted to welcome you to the forum. This is way over my head, but there are mods and members that can handle problems like this. Sit tight and they'll help you out!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum John

I assume by your post that you can't get to any keyboard. If that's the case my first suggestion would be to allow the battery to completely run down, then plug it into a running PC for at least 5 hours. Then try a long press of the power button to see if it will come up. I suspect your tablet was unstable before the update and that sent it over the edge. It may not have seemed that way at the time but that's my guess. If these suggestions don't work we may need to see what can be done to get it factory reset though hardware.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hey sculptedstylus! Thank you for welcoming me. Yes I think my Tab is real messed up and a hard reset just aggravated the problem. And I am not the only one. Loads of people are experiencing unpleasant situations with the latest updates. Question is..who is responsible? Samsung denies anything to do with OS update since they are device manufacturers and Google is i guess silent. I just lost a $450 tab and i am NOT happy! When these billion dollar tech giants become too big shirking responsibility becomes 2nd nature to them.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hey leeshor!

Thanks for replying. Yes I don't have any way to input text on my Tab either through a keyboard or through voice to text. But that is just half the problem. I cannot sideload a keyboard app since 'google play' fails. Even after allowing non-market apps to be installed. "Google Play Store' comes in between and nothing will install.

I was thinking of flashing with ODIN, thing is though, even connecting the TAB through USB cable fails. The device driver fails to install and the tab is not accessible.

You have suggested draining the battery and connecting to PC, will this help in getting it connected to the PC to do a flash with ODIN eventually? I think I am missing something here.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    You really don't want to consider any modification, especially flashing, until you figure out what's wrong. But this brings up an interesting question based on your latest post. Were you rooted? If so, that may be what started all of the problems.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    No. It was not rooted. That was too much of a risk for me.Today I observed another anomaly.The stock camera app is entirely missing.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    In order to rule out the tablet itself as being faulty your only option is a factory reset. That, fortunately, doesn't require the keyboard. Your data and media will be lost if you don't have any backups.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Most of the problems started after the factory reset. Let me tell you the story once again. After the latest android update downloaded fully, installed also fully, tab restarted and then a message popped up that update failed. After that keyboard was missing and apps from playstore would not install or update due to error -110. Bluetooth & USB cable would not work too. After trying to clear cache and other soft techniques like sideloading keyboard app, nothing worked and then i did a reset.

After the reset, i was logged out of google account & playstore. Camera app & calculator went missing. The tab still works in the sense, it loads, plays music and other files. But it is in effect dead because I am unable to install any apps or type.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Allow me to phrase it a different way. Do yet another reset. Make certain the account you set up matches the one you use when you go to the Google Store from a desktop browser.

There have been cases where one factory reset did NOT do what it was supposed to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads