Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Angry Touch Screen Stopped Working (Tab 2 10.1)

Hi All,

New to the forum here, seems like some good knowledgeable people here. Hope someone can help me with my issue.

A couple months back my wife's tablet wouldn't turn on, wouldn't charge etc. Seems to be a fairly common issue with Tab 2's but none of the recommended fixes worked on her tablet. Today I decided I was going to take my battery out of my tab 2 and put it in hers and see if this would help me identify if the battery just died or if there is some other issue with it.

I plugged my battery into hers... didn't work. Sigh, so I move back to my tablet, reinstall the same battery it used to use and plugged everything back together. I go and turn it on, it boots immediately, everything is going well until...

The touch screen doesn't respond to anything... I rechecked all the wiring, the battery connection, did a hard refresh (I think that's what it's called) to restart everything. Nothing is working. I keep starring at the back of this tablet looking for something that could be slightly unplugged or maybe an area I bumped. Nothing looks out of place or even damaged. Is there something simple i'm missing here? Is there some switch I hit, or a specific place of the tab that is responsible for the touch function of the tablet? Really really annoyed now that I have 2 fried tablets that are just out of warranty.

Any thoughts?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    dead forum? :-/

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    No, just very quiet...

I suspect that disconnecting / reconnecting the cables in your device/s would be the next thing to do - they are very, very sensitive in their connections and you may well have affected them with your dismantling.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    No, just very quiet...

I suspect that disconnecting / reconnecting the cables in your device/s would be the next thing to do - they are very, very sensitive in their connections and you may well have affected them with your dismantling.
    I was watching a youtube video of a guy replacing his screen and noticed there are very small 'clips' that lay down over the end of the cables to lock them in. I opened these clips, pushed the cables back in, closed the clips and wallah. Screen working again.

Lesson learned. Don't open it if it works already! haha

Remove Ads

Ads