Thread: Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi Signal Excellent/No Internet Connection

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Need help!!

Me and my husband have the same Galaxy 2 10.1 tablets, they have worked great for the last 5 months but all of a sudden my tablet wont connect to my wifi, but his IS connected!! I have restarted my tablet, turned my wifi off then back on, and my tablet says its connect but when I go to get on internet or anything it says no connection....please tell me what I can do to try and fix this! Thank u

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by promise View Post
    Me and my husband have the same Galaxy 2 10.1 tablets, they have worked great for the last 5 months but all of a sudden my tablet wont connect to my wifi, but his IS connected!! I have restarted my tablet, turned my wifi off then back on, and my tablet says its connect but when I go to get on internet or anything it says no connection....please tell me what I can do to try and fix this! Thank u
    Welcome to the forum

To determine whether this is a software problem or hardware problem, there are a few things to do. I will list them for you so you can work through the process.

1) on your tab, go to wifi settings & "forget" the entry for your router on your device
    2) power off your tab
    3) power off your router - leave it off for 1 minute then power it back on again
    4) power on your tab & try to reconnect to your router - you will need to re-enter the password for your connection point as you did when first connecting

If that doesn't work, then you have one final option...

1) Back up any of your files, photos etc etc that are on your Tab
    2) Go to settings and Factory Reset your device. This will wipe the Tab clean & reinstall the latest version of the OS that is on your device.
    3) Follow the installation process & attempt to connect to your router again.

If that works then you have shown the problem to be a software one which you have now fixed & you can then rebuild your Tab with all its apps, files etc. If it doesn't work, then there is nothing else you can do as an end user & you should contact Samsung or your retailer to arrange for a repair/replacement.

Good luck & please let us know how you get on.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Our problem just started last night! Had my tablet since Dec 2012, and suddenly it's as though it's not identifying us as the owners! Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, will not connect to Internet thru wifi although connection is strong. Seems this happens to MANY with same device, but there has not been any resolve. What's everyone doing to solve it? Is there an answer? Or are you making a return for your refund? Please help if you can. This is highly annoying!! Thanks!!!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

Did you try the suggestions Janner had in the previous post. I have some additional suggestions for solving WiFi problems in a link below. You may want to check a public WiFi hotspot as a first step to rule out your tablet as the problem but I suspect it will require a change in your router settings.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1

Confirmed by Samsung, it's hardware issue!

I had the same issue last month and again this week!
    First time Samsung updated the software to a new version and worked well (not 100%) and same thing happened this week!
    Went back to Samsung where the hardware issue was confirmed! My device was sent to repair as exchange or refund wasn't an option
    It will take at least 10 working days to be fixed....I'm not happy at all!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8

Got it working

Hi,

I had the same issues as everyone else and I was about to reset the device. The quick fix was to fix the wrong date and websites started working after. It looks like the time as well is wrong a lot of the time if I dont use the device for few days. Check the date first and most likely it will be wrong.

Amir
    Jeffrey likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

worked for me

Check your date and time settings mine was reset to a date in the year 2000,

update to right date and time in the settings.....worked for me

Hope this helps...(feedback appreciated)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Has the WiFi disconnect problem been resolved? I have a Galaxy 7.2 tablet with 4G capability. I generally can connect to home wifi but losethe connection after a minute or two and glacially slow. I can fiddle turn wifi off and on to get a connection for a minute or two. I wonder if the 3G and 4G signal that hit me at home could upsset the wifi connection. Anyone have the final fix for this wifi disconnect problem?
    Thanks for any ideas.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I found my tablet on time but one day late. However resetting date did not resolve the wifi disconnect issuefor me and my Galaxy 7.2 with 4G.
    Somebody help .................................
    please

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    We have the same problem:S My family got 2 Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 tablets for Christmas, one of them functions perfectly, but the other ones doesn't. We bought one for my bedridden mother so that she could surf the web and watch everything easily and another one for us. It says "turning wifi on", but it doesn't turn it off AT ALL. We had no problem on Christmas Eve, but now it can't connect. Where do I find this "forget" option, since factory reset didn't work. When I go to setting and then to WIFI it says "turning wifi on" and there are no other options. It i tap on "special", it lists the ID and MAC addresses plus asks me whether I want the Wifi option to be turned on while the device sleeps. Any ideas? Thank you for any help in advance!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Ads