Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need Help Finding an App to Edit and Display AVI Videos

I took some video with my iKam Xtreme video glasses. I was trying to find an app for my Galaxy Tab2 (7") to edit and view these videos. I downloaded 3 different editor programs, and neither of them would show video. All of them just did audio, but no picture. The file format is AVI. I even paid for a full version of one of them that included a convertor. So I thought maybe it would work if I converted it to mp4 first. It took almost 3 hours to convert a 7 minute video and by then it was too late to get the refund because it wouldn't show a picture with the mp4 version either.

I found one app that would play it just fine, but there isn't an edit option or even an editor by the same developer.

Can someone help me figure this out?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I took some video with my iKam Xtreme video glasses. I was trying to find an app for my Galaxy Tab2 (7") to edit and view these videos. I downloaded 3 different editor programs, and neither of them would show video. All of them just did audio, but no picture. The file format is AVI. I even paid for a full version of one of them that included a convertor. So I thought maybe it would work if I converted it to mp4 first. It took almost 3 hours to convert a 7 minute video and by then it was too late to get the refund because it wouldn't show a picture with the mp4 version either.

I found one app that would play it just fine, but there isn't an edit option or even an editor by the same developer.

Can someone help me figure this out?
    While i am not a big fan of video editing on the tab (I need big dual screen monitors) , do a search for vidtrim and see how that might work for you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The one that I paid for actually ended up working. It takes several hours to convert from AVI to MP4, but once it does, trimming the excess footage is easy. It also cuts the file size just about in half. So I'll live with setting up the conversion and walking away (or going to bed) for now.

Remove Ads

Ads