Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    I had this same problem after an upgrade. After a LOT of digging I found the problem. Before starting, note that your device must be rooted to fix it.

Background for technically inclined : The problem I had was with the "ls" command in /system/bin. It looks like a lot of the commands are symbolic links to a file called "toolbox", which is also located in the "/system/bin" directory. The "ls" command however links to what I think was the previous location "/data/local/toolbox".

Fix is: Using a suitable file manager (I used Root Explorer), copy toolbox from /system/bin to /data/local.

I guess you could also try update the ls symbolic link to point to /system/bin/toolbox, but I'm not sure how to do this AND there may be other link with the same problem.

Device : Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P7510 New Android Version : ICS 4.0.4 Old Android Version : HC 3.2

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    I Don't Have a Tablet
    Hi everyone,

I actually don't have this tablet yet, but my dad purchased one for my mother and it will be her Mother's Day gift. She is a bit technologically challenged and he knew she wouldn't use it if it wasn't already set up with the games she likes, etc.... So I've had it for 4 days. I'm having the same problem as a lot of people apparently. I work at a community college and the tablet connects just fine when I'm at work, but when I'm at home - nothing. It just so happens that "crazysith" who started this thread stated my problem exactly "My router is a Belkin N1 (mine is about about 6 years old) When I attempt to connect I receive 'obtaining IP address'. My signal is excellent however after a period of time I receive 'network disabled. Poor Connection' message." I have internet through comcast - I have two laptops, an ipod touch, a internet ready TV and an xbox 350 connecting with no problem. I'm understanding some of the technical stuff that is being talked about (like MrBrown above), but after playing with my mom's for a couple of days - I really want to buy one of these for myself, but don't want to do it if I can't connect at home. Thanks.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum VaVirgo
    I wouldn't be concerned about not being able to connect. First, it's not that common a problem and 2nd, can usually be corrected by making router changes. Not a reason to not get one.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads