Charging

It only charges when off. Any advise?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    A little more information would be helpful, as if your charger is charging when the Tab is off, there is nothing that will stop it charging when it is on. Can you please provide a longer & more detailed description.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the Forum

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Please specify on how you charge

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Charging problem

Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    A little more information would be helpful, as if your charger is charging when the Tab is off, there is nothing that will stop it charging when it is on. Can you please provide a longer & more detailed description.
    When the tablet is on and I connect it through USB to my pc or laptop it connects through KIES but there is a red cross over the battery signal and does not charge. The same happens when I connect it to the mains through the charger. After I switch it off it starts charging !!!! This started happening after I updated it.
    Thanks for your help.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Battery (charging/power) issues
    If you don't feel you are getting the best run time from the battery, first try this. Run the Tab down to the point it turns off. Then charge it for 8 hours. If the battery is giving you other problems like it doesn't seem to want to charge, follow these suggestions. Pick what applies best to your problem.

1. Check the charger to make certain it is seated in the AC socket. If necessary, take it apart and spread the pins apart and try again.

2. Another thing to try is putting the charger in the freezer for 20-30 minutes in a ziploc bag.

3. Plug your Tab, using the charging cable, into your PC for 2 or more hours.

4. If you sense some electrical charge around the rim of the Tab when charging it may be a polarity issue with the charger. If it is a 2 prong charger just turn it 180 degrees.
    Astrix likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by countasg View Post
    When the tablet is on and I connect it through USB to my pc or laptop it connects through KIES but there is a red cross over the battery signal and does not charge. The same happens when I connect it to the mains through the charger. After I switch it off it starts charging !!!! This started happening after I updated it.
    Thanks for your help.
    Jeffrey has given you some good general options, above.

What it sounds like to me is that your Tab IS charging while on, but the charging report is corrupted in the software. If it physically charges from either a PC or the wall charger while OFF, then clearly there is nothing wrong with the charger or cable.

I would suggest that your most recent update didn't fully apply across the device. If you feel like taking the time, then a Factory Reset - remember to back up all your documents, photos, personal files etc first of course , should give you a fully functioning Tab again in all aspects.

It will probably feel brand new again, as all the dross of previous updates will have been cleared out. It might take an hour or so, but I think it would be worth it.

Hope that helps

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times

Re: Charging

Before factory reset, try while the Tab is on , hold the power button for about 20 seconds. It forces a soft reset which won't delete any data or settings but does help with hiccups and glitches. What I found, with each firmware upgrade, I had to do several reboots and/or soft resets before mine would behave normally again. I got mine the week of release and have been through several upgrades,each requiring the above.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Support Our Troops!!!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Well worth a try MbM, well worth a try. A good three or four of those soft resets may well help. Especially if the OP allows a couple of full charging cycles too. Good idea

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times

Re: Charging

Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Well worth a try MbM, well worth a try. A good three or four of those soft resets may well help. Especially if the OP allows a couple of full charging cycles too. Good idea
    It also works if the Tab seems dead after a charge. The calibration meter can get out of whack, a software glitch introduced from Honeycomb forward.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From a Beano
    Support Our Troops!!!

Remove Ads

Ads