Thread: E-Book Problem

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

E-Book Problem

Firstly,

Hi....new to both tablets and indeed this forum.....

I have tried, Kindle and Moon and also FB Reader

I have now downloaded Aldiko Reader

I have placed the books from my desktop onto an SD card in Epub format and placed it into the Tab2 10.1

I STILL cant seem to access the books....so frustrating

PLEASE HELP....my 7 year old is getting most upset about not being able to read any books

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have Aldiko Premium, Cool Reader, and eBook all installed on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, and all work nicely. I have at least 100 ebooks copied from my computer directly onto the Tab, all in Epub format. I used Windows Explorer to copy book files to a folder I named "Books". I just accessed Aldiko Premium and on the home page is an icon labeled "Files." Clicking on it brings a directory of the internal sdcard. Your Tab 2 has an SD card and it should show up in that directory. Click on the book title and it should appear on the bookshelf.

My preferred reader is "eBook" which was pre-installed and which was updated with Ice Cream Sandwich / Android 4.0. If you are running the eBook app, click on the three horizontal bars icon in the upper right. Choose "Import." This will then bring up the directory of all the folders on your Tab. Find the icon for your SD card, click on it, and you should see the list of books you copied there. Place a check mark in the box beside the book title, and then select "Done." The book title should then appear on the bookshelf.

I hope this helps. Your daughter will really enjoy reading on the Tablet.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    tab recently updated to Jelly Bean...so wish it hadnt as she now cant access her cbeebies stuff......

Anyway....I cant find ebook in the list of installed things

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Getting ePub books into the Tab is a bit tricky. Here is one way that works.

Understand that Aldiko will read only ePub books that are NOT DRMed*, AND that the Tab requires that books be in a folder on the INTERNAL SD card. Also, Aldiko likes to import them its own way. The recent version of Aldiko crashes on my Tab so I am using app version 2.0 as recommended by the Aldiko web site.

Place the public domain ePub books into a folder on your EXTERNAL SD card called "import" or something similar.
    Open the Aldiko app -> Home -> SD card. At the top right of the screen, hit the arrow up. Tap mnt -> extSdCard. Then navigate to "import" or whatever you called your folder of books. Checkmark each one you want to import, or ALL if Aldiko will let you do so, and let her rip. Your books will be imported into a folder called eBooks on the INTERNAL SD card of the Tab. After the process is finished you can delete the books from the external SD card's "import" folder.

If you want to access the same books in FBReader, open FBReader. At the top right, hit the three horizontal bars icon to open the preferences menu. Tap Settings. Tap Directories. Tap Books directory. Fill in /mnt/sdcard/eBooks and then hit the OK button.

Both Aldiko and FBReader will access the same book folder on your internal SD card keeping all your books in one place. Add new books the same way. You are good to go. Best wishes!

*Except for Adobe ID situations not covered here
    Last edited by bettyhills; 01-04-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    _________

Samsung GALAXY Tab2 7.0 - GT-P3113
    OS Android 4.0.3 ICS Ver. UEALD3 8GB + Ext.SDHC 32GB
    Superuser, ROM Manager, Root Explorer, Titanium Backup Pro

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    In my signature you will find a link that covers e-reading on your Tab.

It should help a great deal...

Remove Ads

Ads