Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    If Samsung discover the root, then, yes your warranty would probably be invalidated, however, I have heard of folks who manage to get their devices fixed even when they are rooted - it all depends on the luck of the draw & if the technician who gets your Tab discovers the root & if they do, then if they really care.

In your case, given that you have the problem you have, I think you may well have a pretty good chance of your root not being discovered given that the device will not switch on or charge...

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I am having the exact same problem...when I called samsung warranty she told me to buy another charger, did that yesterday, still doing the same thing. They emailed me a shipping label to mail it back to them for repair, if unrepairable they will send me another one. Save yourself the time and headache and just call them and send it in.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Hello, i actually had the exact same problem but i think i was able to fix it, i noticed that there was some dust and other random dirt and grime Where the charger plugs in, i took a push pin and gently cleared out the dust and debris as well as took a micro fiber cloth and cleaned it out the best i could, After unplugging it and plugging it back in it finally started to charge instead of being stuck in that infinite loop, i was able to turn the Tablet on and i am waiting on it to charge completely

so if anyone else has this issue give that a try, might just be too much dust/gunk, mine was pretty filthy

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0
    OP - Did you ever get the tablet to charge? I am having the exact same problem as you described and am very interested to know how to fix it.

Thanks for any advice or info you can give.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I had same issue, what worked for me is disconnected charger hold power button for 30 seconds, then wait 1 or 2 min n then try

Now I am able to charge my phone when turned off, It doesn't charge while powered on though,

When powered on and connected it helps from not discharging but it does not charge
    Last edited by shady805; 04-02-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Dirty contacts

I had this same problem. I sprayed the connection area on the Tab with canned air, and then sprayed out the charging cord.

Plugged it in, and the boot loop effect went away and a normal battery charging icon popped up again. Must've been some crap or lint that I couldn't see, but was still causing a connection problem.

Problem solved.
    Last edited by jrr_wired; 04-05-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by shady805 View Post
    I had same issue, what worked for me is disconnected charger hold power button for 30 seconds, then wait 1 or 2 min n then try

Now I am able to charge my phone when turned off, It doesn't charge while powered on though,

When powered on and connected it helps from not discharging but it does not charge
    This fixed the problem. Thank you !

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

thanks janner!!!

i followed your simple steps and it worked for me as i was having the same problems as somo, unfortunately i had to do step 2 but all is fine now, thanks for the advice.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

battery!!!

soma i had the same problem with the battery showing up on the screen then constantly appearing then disappearing, i found that it was a charger connection fault with the wire. so i rang samsung and told them they sent me a new charger as i have only had my pad 5 months. now the battery stays on the screen.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Guys, i have same probem but with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3110.

Hi guys, i got same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3110, but my when charging is showing charging icon for 3 sec, then switch off over and over again, when i unplug from charger, display switch on and show again for 3sec logo Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 then switch off over and over again. I try all keys combination but just one working. When is unplug from charger i press Volume - and Power then on display come Screen with Warning!! (Download Mode) but like before go off after 3sec again.
    I think that will be battery dead or faulty, what you think guys about it.??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads