Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Tab 2 Won't Charge, Charging Icon Flashes On and Off and It Won't Turn On

Please could anyone advise we had a TAb 2 10.1 for Xmas the battery ran out yesterday but instead of it charging up as usual now when u plug it in the battery charging icon flashes on and off and it will not turn on, Ive tried it in the pc it wont connect either, tried it using the wall plug also. Any advice?

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the Forum. Try plugging into your pc's usb and allow it to trickle charge for 2 hours. Be sure your pc is not set to sleep as it will not charge the tab in sleep mode.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I have the same problem: battery icons (sometimes grey/black, sometimes black/copper) flash occasionally but it won't turn on. I have tried the suggestion to hold down power for 10 seconds and the suggestion to hold down power and volume for 10 seconds, release volume holding power for another 10 seconds, but no luck. Charging it on the computer overnight but I am not optimistic as i have had it charging via usb plugged into power strip adaptor for most of the day.
    The failure occurred when I got the warning to plug it in, and I did plug it in, but I kept using the tablet instead of just letting it charge. I have done this before without ill effect, but this time I was playing a YouTube video instead of my usual internet browsing/email. I think the streaming video probably required more power than the charge was providing, allowing the battery to fully deplete? Just my hypothesis.
    I don't think the tablet is broken, just "stuck" somehow. I hope someone can help. I have had it 8 months or so with no real issues.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    A trickle charge can revitalise an otherwise dead battery that will not charge from a wall charger.

The PC needs to be powered on & you should leave your Tab connected for at least 10 hours - longer if necessary. If it won't accept a charge from the wall charger after being connected to the PC for 24 hours, then you have killed your battery & will need a new one.

As it is only 8 months old, your warranty will cover it, of course.

Remove Ads

Ads