Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Can't Connect to WiFi

Hi,

I have recently bought the samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1.
    Everything appears to work fine apart from the wifi.
    Whenever I try to connect to our home network, it says it says 'obtaining IP adress...' after a while it says 'Saved, Secured'.
    then it proceeds with the message "Network disabled, poor connection', eventhough I get a very strong signal from the router.

I have tried entering the SSID manually without any success.
    Tried forgetting and trying it again also without any success.
    I kept the router without power for a minute while the galaxy tab was turned off, no success either.

I read something about the frequency band of the router not matching but according to my router specs it runs on 2.4ghz and so does the galaxy tab.

Router info: Linksys WRT350N.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

I have a link below that will take you to some help pages, one of which specifically deals with WiFi connection problems. I suggest that you find a public hotpot to confirm that your tablet is in fact working. If it works there then you should be able to get it to work on the Linksys. You may want to start with changing the channel to something lower than it is now. 6 is a good starting point. Also if you are using WEP for your security, change to WPA...... Check for firmware upgrades for the router.

If you still feel there is a problem you could also disable the security on the router long enough to see if it works at all.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the site.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Go into your router settings and select a dedicated static IP address for your Tab instead of using DHCP. I find my Tab connects much faster since it doesn't have to negotiate for an IP address from the DHCP server every time.
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 Wifi + JB 4.1.1

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    The person who said that it's case sensitive wasn't kidding. Try this first. Go to settings. The wifi you are trying to connect to should be up. Ignore for the minute and go to Add WiFi network. Add network name as it appears in previous window. In our case the person who had copied down the SSID had put BThub instead of capitol H. BTHub. Yep such a simple error causes so much pain. Select your security i.e. ours was a WPA/WP2 and then your wireless key in password. I'd click show password but that's up to you. Hit save. And if it's not up running by the time you've paged back hit the original wifi network you recognised as yours and should be up and running. Good luck and I hope this helps.
    Last edited by InterModFreq; 06-12-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: page breaking to make it fit didn't read final result and annoying typo

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Good to hear, and welcome.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Probable Answer To Your Connection Problem

I hope you have fixed your wifi connection issue by now. I started having this same problem a few days ago. Did some research online and tried to self-fix it, with no success. So I went to a local hotspot - connection was fine. I knew at that point the problem was with my Internet provider. I just got off the phone with my IP and all is fine at home with my tablet's wifi connecting now. You might want to give your Internet Provider a call. Best wishes. Hope this helps.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Cupiewupie View Post
    Hi,

I have recently bought the samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1.
    Everything appears to work fine apart from the wifi.
    Whenever I try to connect to our home network, it says it says 'obtaining IP adress...' after a while it says 'Saved, Secured'.
    then it proceeds with the message "Network disabled, poor connection', eventhough I get a very strong signal from the router.

I have tried entering the SSID manually without any success.
    Tried forgetting and trying it again also without any success.
    I kept the router without power for a minute while the galaxy tab was turned off, no success either.

I read something about the frequency band of the router not matching but according to my router specs it runs on 2.4ghz and so does the galaxy tab.

Router info: Linksys WRT350N.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Rcmark7; 07-16-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Can't Connect to WiFi
    Hi. My Tab ten and my Galaxy s4 Mini Mobile both went off line ( but my Hp Laptop didn't) I use a BT VOYAGER 2110 -7A Router
    I followed Astrixs link and took the simple advice of powering the router down for 3-4 minutes, switched it back and im back to normal.
    Thanks Astrix.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

There is much more you can try than a restart of the router. Check the possible solutions in this thread. http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum...solutions.html

Remove Ads

Ads