Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Screen Saver

Hi All!
    I bought my TAB 2 10.1 a while back never really used it a whole lot. Bought it for work (real estate sales), it is pretty much useless for work. Shame on me for not researching.
    How do I shut off the Samsung Screen saver ad? I use my Tab to read through out the day if I get a minute I read but after I'm done if it doesn't get shut right off I get this ridiculous screen saver. Drains my battery in a few hours. I've tried everything I can to get it to stop. I hope there is something simple this Cat is missing. Thanks

Roosterhound

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8

Re: Screen Saver

I don't know this screen saver you're referring to. Can you post a screen shot?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1

Re: Screen Saver

Looks like there are two options for you to try. 1. Find the screen saver in your app drawer and it will open options for the screensaver. This includes enabling or disabling the screensaver. 2. The screen saver should be in the manage application list under the "all" tab. It should be listed as "screensaver". See if you can disable the app there.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    It's like a demo reel. Play's though all features etc. I can't seem to take a picture of the movie? It's a joke, if I forget it just drains my battery. No one has a clue how to stop it. I'm done I think I'm just going to take it back. I'm not a techie but usually I can find someone to help out. Samsung doesn't even know what I'm talking about brutal.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Check the system settings to see if you can find it there

Also, if you have been doing a lot of experimenting with your Tab, but haven't got very far, then in case you have altered various settings that are making the device unreliable, then I would suggest doing a Factory Reset from settings & starting again.

The device is inherently easy to use - my technically challenged 83 year old Mum uses hers on a daily basis for reading, photo viewing, crosswords, solitaire, scrabble... And if she can use it, so can you

Have a look at the links in my signature & also to the reply I gave you in your introduction thread.

Don't give up - it's just a learning curve - we will help you out along the way

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Finally!!! I went through the steps to stop the screen saver for the 100th time. The obvious steps go to screen saver stop screen saver etc. And it worked, can't believe it. It's a huge victory for me. Janner thanks for your advice. I love the tab. I have a hard time using it for work, which really doesn't have anything to do with the device but more to do with work software (all our portable apps are exclusively APPLE). It has become more of a personal tool (KOBO) games sport scores etc. The screen saver deal wasn't there when I bought it so I must have activated it somehow. It wasn't a big deal only problem was it sucked the battery up fast. I'm a realtor and when I have downtime I just read off my tab. Well it I forgot and the screensaver came on it would drain.
    Also Janner I disagree with you! You 83 year old Mum knows more about technology than I do.

Thanks to all and sorry for doing a double post.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Glad to have helped & that you have found a way to solve the problem.

I do promise you, however, that my Mum is as technically challenged as it is possible to get & yet still be breathing

Bless her

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I had the same samsung advertising screensaver that started a day ago. Just purchased the Tab 2 7.0 a few days ago. Very frustrating but, thanks to the forum, I found the application under "all" and disabled it. I believe it is solved. Now I'll probably delete it.

Remove Ads

Ads