Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

[SOLVED] Alarm not sounding

I set the alarm on my new tad 10.1 and made sure the volume was turned up. The alarm flash on the screen for the time I had set but it did not ring, can anyone help me with this please.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

This is almost certainly a settings issue...

1) there is an alarm volume in settings - separate to media volume or notifications volume
    2) have you selected an alarm tone (think of it like a ring tone on a phone)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Thanks for your reply, Janner. I'm still missing something, though. When I go to Settings I get into the Device - Sound - Volume settings. When there I see Music and Media, Notifications and System. These are all turned up. I do not see any separate setting for alarm volume. The volume in the Alarm app is turned up, and I've selected an alarm tone that plays a sample when I select it. I appreciate any insight you can provide!

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    Thanks for your reply, Janner. I'm still missing something, though. When I go to Settings I get into the Device - Sound - Volume settings. When there I see Music and Media, Notifications and System. These are all turned up. I do not see any separate setting for alarm volume. The volume in the Alarm app is turned up, and I've selected an alarm tone that plays a sample when I select it. I appreciate any insight you can provide!
    Turn up or down the volume on your Tab using the volume buttons. While the volume line is on the screen look for a gear looking icon. Tap it, change your volumes there.
    Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Last edited by Mountainbikermark; 07-13-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Thanks, MBMark, but I don't think that's the issue. I've turned up all the volumes in the Settings; maybe I don't understand the 'volume line' you're referring to. I get sound on other apps, when I select a ring tone the tab plays the sample, Skype rings and the audio works - I just don't get an audible alarm.

Also - could a mod please move this thread to the right forum? It's probably no longer appropriate for the New Member Intro forum - thanks!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Janner and Mark - it turns out I had Blocking Mode enabled. When I turned this off the alarm audio worked just fine. Many thanks for your help!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Also - could a mod please move this thread to the right forum? It's probably no longer appropriate for the New Member Intro forum - thanks!
    I did that for you. And added a little detail & a celebratory [SOLVED] for good measure while I was at it.

Janner and Mark - it turns out I had Blocking Mode enabled. When I turned this off the alarm audio worked just fine. Many thanks for your help!
    Checking out Blocking Mode was going to be my next suggestion - glad you were able to resolve it without the help.

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 07-14-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads