Thread: Tab2 Resets When Trying To Run Some Apps

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Tab2 Resets When Trying To Run Some Apps

So I got my wife a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WIFI a few months ago. Completely stock, hasn't been rooted or anything like that, and its running JellyBean 4.1.1, model number GT-P5113. She mainly uses it for games and Facebook and what not. It has worked fine for a few months, and then all of a sudden it started having trouble. Some apps, I'm thinking of Candy Crush just off the top of my head, will either start for a moment and then just go away, and I'll be back on my home screen, or sometimes the unit will actually cut off. It always restarts, but it just won't actually run the app for more than a few seconds. My wife tells me that this seemed to coincide with some software updates, but she's not sure of that. In fiddling with it to try to verify what she was telling me it appears that this is the case with several games, and I also observed it with the browser a few times. Have any of you heard of this behavior, and do you have any advise for trying to correct it? My first thought was to just reload the OS, but I don't have any experience with tablets, and that doesn't seem to be as straight forward as it is with a regular PC. Thanks.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

The first thing to try is to get the app "Clean Master" from the Play Store & clean any extraneous files etc from your Tablet. Just be sure not to delete anything you still want/need. The safest route is to not delete something if you are not sure.

If that doesn't help - it might / might not then...

The second thing I would suggest is to "cold boot" your Tab. This process is explained in the "how to factory reset" your Tablet guide. You can find that guide from the Guides, Tips & FAQs link in my signature. The section you want is towards the end of that guide.

If you close all the apps on the Tab and then reboot it & then power off again and then do the cold boot you will have the greatest opportunity for it to work.

If you are still unsatisfied with the performance of your device - which can sometimes be the case after a firmware update which includes a version change of the OS - then you can just follow the guide to Factory Reset the device. It is actually a lot easier to do than on a PC & the guide covers the process for you.

Hope that helps & all the best

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Thanks for the tips, that sounds like good advise. I'll give it a try and let you know how it works.
    janner43 likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    HI just purchased a new tab a 10.1 128G and candy crush does the same random crashes that your tab does.

Remove Ads

Ads