Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Unfortunately, Internet Has Stopped

My tablet has been working fine until the jelly bean update. After the update, whenever I try and use the Internet app, it won't load and the app closes with the error message "unfortunately, Internet has stopped". I've tried rebooting and clearing the cache. I've also done a factory reset and nothing seems to work. Please help!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

If you went so far as to do a factory reset and still have the problem it is most likely your router causing it. If you check the link in my signature you will find a thread with my name on it on the subject of solving WiFi problems. I'm certain you checked that your tab says you are connected to your WiFi, but that doesn't mean it will necessarily be able to access the Internet. To test the theory you may want to find an open public hotspot to see what happens.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    After I did the factory reset, I was able to connect to the WiFi and download apps and use them (like FaceBook and Instagram). It seems like it is strictly the internet app. I was not having this problem until I downloaded the new jelly bean software. Is there anything else I should try?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    When you say Internet app I guess you're talking about the browser. See if another browser helps, download Firefox. Did you loook at the thread I suggested?
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Yes I looked at the thread you suggested. I installed Google Chrome on my tablet and it works fine, so the problem must strictly be with the internet browser app that came default on the tablet. I don't think there is a way to delete the original browser, so I just took the shortcut off the home screen and am planning to pretend like it doesn't exist. Thank you for all of your help!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Actually now that we have figured out that the browser was the problem it's possible you could fix it. Go to settings apps manager - scroll to all and find "browser". Tap it and tell it to clear anything that has a button then restart the tablet.

You won;t actually be able to remove the app without rooting your tablet first.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Unhappy unfortunately internet has stopped error after opening bookmarks

I get this error when I click and open the bookmarks, I have no idea why. One day it was working fine the next this pops up.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

Did you try the suggestions in the previous posts, cleaning the cache, switching browsers, and nothing worked?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    So, I'm having a similar issue.

At start-up, I get the following message "Unfortunately, Internet has stopped."
    I will get this message repeatedly while I am in the settings page for Chrome and it will not stop until I force quit Chrome.

I've tried clear the cache for both Internet and Chrome to no avail.
    Internet will not even open for me to try changing settings, It will just crash out and give me the same message.

Thoughts?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    welcome to the forum

What happens when you try opening either browser at a public hotspot? Trying to eliminate something with the router/WiFi as a problem. You could also try restarting the router.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads