Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 10.1 Won't Turn Off After Recent Update

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Hello! Have same problem after update. Simple thing to resolve this: REMOVE SD CARD FROM TABLET and gadget will turn off. That's all

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Not only will my Tab2 not shut off unless it's connected to the wallwart, the internet browser will periodically lock up and then shut down rdumping me out to the home screen. Anyone else have that issue since the upgrade to 4.2.2?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2mbc View Post
    Not only will my Tab2 not shut off unless it's connected to the wallwart, the internet browser will periodically lock up and then shut down rdumping me out to the home screen. Anyone else have that issue since the upgrade to 4.2.2?
    That sort of glitch is pretty commonplace on Android devices when the OS has been updated. If you haven't done a full Factory Reset, then that is recommended. If you have and your glitches are still persistent, then there really isn't much you can do other than wait for Samsung to issue a maintenance release.

One useful technique you may find helpful is to go into settings, apps, all - find the browser app and "clear cache" & then do a reboot. You may find that settles the browser down for a while.

Another workaround would be to try a different browser - the stock browser isn't all that great & my personal preference is for Dolphin. But in any case there is a guide thread on that subject linked from my signature.

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 09-30-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by rsb View Post
    I also have been experiencing the same problem on my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 ever since the android update. I have found a workaround that works for me.
    Here is what I discovered:

If I shut the tablet down from the desktop it doesn't shutdown it just reboots.

If I go to the Lock Screen and shut it down from there it will shutdown.

Like I say, this works for me but it may not work for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkitai View Post
    Hello! Have same problem after update. Simple thing to resolve this: REMOVE SD CARD FROM TABLET and gadget will turn off. That's all
    Welcome to the forum

Thanks very much for posting these helpful suggestions. I'm sure they will help folks

Aga
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by rsb View Post
    If I go to the Lock Screen and shut it down from there it will shutdown.
    This didn't work for me, shutting down from pulpit didn't work either, but what works is shutting down from the applications screen (after pressing application icon when I can see my applications).
    Good luck everyone!!

Half an hour later... Correction: I tried again and I have come to conclusion that it doesn't always work. Try a few times.
    Last edited by Aga; 10-01-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    jkanger likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I have a little different problem. My wife told me she had an update on her tablet so I went into settings and sure enough it was already downloaded and waiting to be installed.

I told it to instal and let it reboot. It looked to instal (hit 100%) then rebooted. Problem is, it gets stuck at the "Samsung" screen.
    I left it for 3 hours and then held down power until it rebooted. It keeps getting stuck at the Samsung logo and never fully loads up.

I tried going into recovery but because it is still in the process of applying the update it does not give me the standard recovery screen it says something like "android is downloading" and I have two choices, continue or cancel. Cancel reboots and it gets stuck at the Samsung logo again, continue just appears to sit there and do nothing.

The tablet has never been rooted or ROM'd. My wife wants it left stock so I haven't touched it... it is just as it came from Samsung.

I WAS able at one point when tryint to reboot to recovery to get it to go back to what appeared to be installing the update again. It got to about 28% then it rebooted on it's own and got stuck again at the Samsung logo.

I've never connected it to a PC or anything else for that matter... Any suggestions?

I've rooted and Rom'd my OD Droid and my Gnex many times, but have never rooted or rom'd a tablet other than one of the original Nook Color tablets.

TIA

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I tried the factory reset now my tablet wont turn on or restore. It says error and goes back off. Anyone know what to do?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum netizen & tracy15

Sorry to read of your difficulties - if you can't get into recovery mode ( as per the instructions in the second section of the Factory Reset guide in our Guides, FAQs & Tips section ), then I can't think of anything to do other than to contact Samsung for warranty service.

However, as someone who has rooted & ROM'd previously, then you might want to read through the Guides written by Astrix in our Guides, FAQs & Tips section (link in my signature) as they might get you on the right road to a DIY fix.

Quote Originally Posted by tracy15 View Post
    I tried the factory reset now my tablet wont turn on or restore. It says error and goes back off. Anyone know what to do?
    Are you sure your device is fully charged? Try connecting to the a/c charger. Other than that, as I say above, if you cannot get into recovery mode, then you should contact Samsung.
    Last edited by janner43; 10-02-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

talked to samsung rep

Android is working on a fix but no release date yet. Meanwhile, you can plug the device into a power outlet and hold down the power key until the battery icon appears.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I was a very satisfied customer until Samsung made this software change. I have tried everything, even a factory reset. What a pain rebuilding the product, and that did not fix the problem.

And Samsung will not reply to my e-mails and the case number. It is hard to believe I spent nearly $400.00 and it will now not shut off unless it is plugged in and holding down the off button.

Guess this is why everyone told me I should have spent more $$ and got an Apple Tablet.

Don't do the factory reset, it will not fix the issue. It will only make your life harder and time consuming getting all your apps back or favorites bookmarked in the browser.

Hope Samsung does the right thing and sends a full refund to everyone ...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads