Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Tab 2 10.1 Keeps Rebooting

All of a sudden it started 2 reboot the wording "Samsung GALAXY 2 10.1" appears as usual followed with the Samsung music and when the oval shaped Samsung logo appears it shuts down, & after several seconds the same reboot again. this has been going on for the past few hours. The power and volume UP button trick doesn't help either. I'm desperate to save the pictures stored on the Tab.

Hopefully someone can guide me.

Sam

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

If you click on the Guides, FAQs & Tips link in my signature, you'll find a thread here by Astrix which covers this situation for you & gives solutions. The thread is "Troubleshooting Samsung Galaxy Tab Bootloop"

Hope that helps you fix your device.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

If you click on the Guides, FAQs & Tips link in my signature, you'll find a thread here by Astrix which covers this situation for you & gives solutions. The thread is "Troubleshooting Samsung Galaxy Tab Bootloop"

Hope that helps you fix your device.
    I see nothing in that thread that fixes the issue of the JellyBean update. The Software sent out was corrupt. Only Samsung can fix by sending out a correct copy of the operating system... or patch the issue.

The issue they created is the Powerdown button is being read internally to restart and not do a powerdown... I've done a complete factory reset, and sadly when Samsung sent out Jelly Bean it erased the original operating system so we can't get to a out of the box situation where our devices worked correctly.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    I see nothing in that thread that fixes the issue of the JellyBean update.
    I think the problem that Sam is having is different to the one you are referring to. In the firmware update to which you refer, some models of the Tab 2 10.1 have an issue where they will not power down unless connected to the a/c charger. But other than that, those devices affected still operate normally.

The way I understand what Sam is posting, is that he cannot access his Tab at all, but that it continuously loops between the startup screen & then reboots again - never getting to a stable condition where he can use the Tab. That is known as a "boot loop" and the thread Astrix put together covers various situations that hopefully will help Sam get his device functional again.

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 10-10-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    my galaxy tab 2 10.1 keeps on rebooting after I update my app. My internal memory become full and before I could clear the cache it keeps on rebooting non stop. I have tried wipe cache partition & wipe data factory, but it didn't makes any different and still keeps on rebooting. Any other option to fix this?

Remove Ads

Ads