Thread: Amazon Ad

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Amazon Ad

I just got this samsung galaxy tab2 wifi and the ad to download the amazon app pops up everywhere. I tried deleting the amazon app from the tab but it keeps coming back. So if I already have gd app why thd pop ad asking me to download it.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

I don't know what advert it is that you are seeing. Certainly I have never seen anything like it on our Tab 2.

You say "I tried deleting the amazon app from the tab but it keeps coming back." To what Amazon app are you referring, please? If it is Amazon Kindle - then as far as I know, that is a system installed app and it cannot be deleted. It can be disabled, but not deleted (without rooting). It certainly does not use any form of "push" advertising. I am not aware that any other Amazon apps are shipped with a Tab.

Another possibility might be that you have installed an app from somewhere that uses an aggressive form of advertising - on a PC you might be familiar with the term "adware".

If you read the malware FAQ, linked from my signature below, you will find suggestions to track down apps that might use that form of advertising & then, once identified, you can delete them.

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 10-25-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads