Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Transferring Contacts

Hi,
    Is there any easy way to put my email contacts list from my computer (outlook express), onto my tablet? Or do I have to put email contacts in one by one

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the form

Export your address book as VCF then import that into Google on the WEB site.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I'm not much of a techie, can you say it a bit simpler please??? Thanks

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1

Before you do transfer as you are proposing just read this:)

The way I do my contacts is that I have a GMail account with all my email contacts and all my phone numbers, even for folk that don't use email.

I have 2 mobile fones, 2 laptops, a tablet, [and 2 dogs], and my contacts are all synched on the 2 mobile fones, 2 laptops and the tablet, all running Android.

This configuration means that if I lose any of the kit, I don't lose my contact details, including a fone with numbers on the SIM, I have them as contacts in Gmail.
    When adding new contacts, I use the desktop computer, for downward synching to the toys.
    Am not convinced synching from the toys up works

Therefore you should look at synching rather than transferring onto the tablet.

I give the idea, if you are wedded to Outlook, then the outlook for synching may be poor

The tablet synching is not perfect, which is why I am back on the forum, but even as it is, it beats the hell out of transferring.
    I will post later about synching on the tablet issue, its not on the fones so I suspect its some setting.
    It relates to Assigned versus Not Assigned
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by Carlow52; 11-28-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: clarification

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinsmaid View Post
    I'm not much of a techie, can you say it a bit simpler please??? Thanks
    Since nearly nobody still uses Outlook Express I don't have an answer for you. I could tell you with regular Outlook but express is so obsolete I have no idea.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Yes, Outlook Express is on my old computer, and Windows Mail is on my laptop, if that helps at all.
    Currently my tablet seems to be syncing with my Talktalk email account. Initially I was bemused when my emails disappeared off my tablet when I downloaded the same emails onto my laptop. I read that the emails just synced to my tablet rather than being downloaded, as I assumed, and I've sorted this by going into the accounts settings. I have email contacts on my TalkTalk account, for when (pre-tablet) I was checking emails when away from home. Am I able to sync them from that account anyway?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    I Don't Have a Tablet
    1. On your PC, go to the contacts piece of Outlook, export your contact as Comma Separated Values (Windows). Select the Contacts entry from the "Select folder to export from" list.
    Finally, name and find a location to save the exported file to, and click Finish.

2. Log into your Gmail account on the PC where you exported your contacts. In the Gmail window, choose Contacts. Import Contacts CSV file you save before.

3. Now, all you have to do is run the sync on your mobile device. Each phone will handle this differently, but more than likely, all you need do is wait a moment and the device should auto-sync the new contacts.
    Last edited by LarryYork; 04-15-2014 at 02:01 AM.
    leeshor likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    The way I do my Sync is actually using kies.. It has several options and will talk to outlook, now outlook express I am not sure cause it no longer comes install with window rather it's just called "mail", still it might be possible since windows still uses the "mail" found in the control panel to configure outlook/express, so try it with kies it syncs both ways from device to computer or vise versa or both ways once the contacts are on your device is easier to Sync with any other Web mail services of your choosing

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    The way I do my Sync is actually using kies.. It has several options and will talk to outlook, now outlook express I am not sure cause it no longer comes install with window rather it's just called "mail", still it might be possible since windows still uses the "mail" found in the control panel to configure outlook/express, so try it with kies it syncs both ways from device to computer or vise versa or both ways once the contacts are on your device is easier to Sync with any other Web mail services of your choosing
    Samsung kies really sync the contacts, for other android phone or sms, you need the help of a professional android data transfer tool because the text messages are not accessible directly when your phone is connected to the computer.

Remove Ads

Ads