Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Tab 2 10.1 Takes AGES to Charge Battery

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum. My tab 2 10.1 is less than a year old and when I first had it the battery charged completely in less than 5 hours. Now it takes between 8 to 12 hours or sometimes longer to charge fully from a level of about 35% to 40%, and it seems to be getting worse.

I've read all the posts I can find here on battery charging and maintenance and have done all the obvious things like using different power points in the house and confirming there's nothing wrong with the ac adapter and cable (am using the correct one that came in the box but have borrowed and tried another correct one, and the same thing happens.)

I've always charged the tablet from about 30% to 100% and never allowed it to go down as far as 10% or less. Is this relevant?

I sometimes charge the tablet at the same time as using it as this doesn't seem to be a problem, and oddly I think the charge time may be reduced while doing this although this wouldn't seem possible. Is using it and charging at the same time OK?

I'd appreciate any help before resorting to enquiry/repair under warranty.

Thanks!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Welcome to the forum Deejay! Sorry you're having this problem. Have you tried calibrating your battery? I would definitely try that, there is a step by step here http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum...intenance.html As far as taking less time to charge if you're using it, never heard that before...only the opposite! As a matter of fact, it's probably a good idea to completely shut down while charging, for the fastest charge. Let us know if calibrating helps.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Calibration

Thanks very much for that suggestion. I'd read about it in the Guide post but hadn't tried it - as soon as the tablet is discharged I'll try that out and let you know if it works.
    Thanks for getting back so quickly and helping out.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Long time charging battery

Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Welcome to the forum Deejay! Sorry you're having this problem. Have you tried calibrating your battery? I would definitely try that, there is a step by step here http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum...intenance.html As far as taking less time to charge if you're using it, never heard that before...only the opposite! As a matter of fact, it's probably a good idea to completely shut down while charging, for the fastest charge. Let us know if calibrating helps.
    You gave me this reply to my question a while ago - forgive me if I'm not carrying on the thread in quite the right way as I'm unfamiliar with the forum. I wrote originally about the very long time my galaxy 2.10 now takes to charge, doing all the right things with correct cable, trying plugging into different power points, etc etc.
    I've tried calibrating the battery as you suggested and have now done this 3 times, but I have only seen a minimal improvement. The tablet is still on charge now after being plugged in overnight (closed down) for more than 10 hours. This was from a starting point of 12%.
    Have you any other suggestions?
    Many thanks.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay210 View Post
    You gave me this reply to my question a while ago - forgive me if I'm not carrying on the thread in quite the right way as I'm unfamiliar with the forum. I wrote originally about the very long time my galaxy 2.10 now takes to charge, doing all the right things with correct cable, trying plugging into different power points, etc etc.
    I've tried calibrating the battery as you suggested and have now done this 3 times, but I have only seen a minimal improvement. The tablet is still on charge now after being plugged in overnight (closed down) for more than 10 hours. This was from a starting point of 12%.
    Have you any other suggestions?
    Many thanks.
    It sounds to me as if you have a defective battery, it shouldn't charging as you describe, unless you squeezed a few years of use into one! If it's still under warranty, I would try to see if they could do something about it. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Remove Ads

Ads