Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Tablet Won't Turn On or Charge

Hi all, would appreciate some help. I have a stock tablet that just stopped working all of a sudden one day. My tablet does not turn on and does not light up when plugged in to charge.

I have tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, holding vol - and the power button, and power button with finger touching the screen. None of this has resulted in anything showing up on the screen.

I've also tried to do the trickle charge with the tablet plugged into a non-sleeping computer for 8 hours followed by plugging it into the included Samsung AC adapter. Nothing but a blank screen. Using other chargers I have laying around does not work either. The tablet feels a little warm near the power/volume keys while plugged in, so something does seem to be going on inside. Just nothing useful as far as I can tell.

Would appreciate it if anyone can help. The tablet is not under warranty anymore, so can't return or exchange it. Thanks.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Welcome to the forum Mochi, I don't know, you've tried all the right things! How long have you had the tab? Was the battery depleted before you first encountered this? Is it still under warranty? I'm guessing that you've already perused http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum...intenance.html

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Bought it refurbished and it worked well for around 2 months. Then one day it was plugged in to charge and later wouldn't turn on anymore. It was covered under a limited warranty which required the original packaging that has long been tossed away, so I'm stuck with this thing now. I've already looked at that battery thread and tried all the suggestions I've found, but nothing seems to work. Might have to just sell it off for parts if I can't figure out how to fix it...

Remove Ads

Ads