Thread: Tab 2 10.1 - WiFi Not Working, Says "Turning On..."

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

If you have tried all the things suggested in this thread and it doesn't work on multiple networks it probably needs to go to doctor Samsung.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    This same issue started for me today as well. Like a fool, I did a factory reset hoping it would solve the problem...nope! Is there a reason this just happens out of the blue? Seems fishy to me that something like this just starts happening and the only solution is to go and buy a new one...

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by woobyluv View Post
    This same issue started for me today as well. Like a fool, I did a factory reset hoping it would solve the problem...nope! Is there a reason this just happens out of the blue? Seems fishy to me that something like this just starts happening and the only solution is to go and buy a new one...
    hi
    did you find a solution for the problem?
    I got the same problem 3 days ago...
    I read in another forum about wifi fixer app butI dont like to use apps that I really dont know
    greetings from Peru

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Having the same problem-did a factory reset and wi fi works on other devices in our house. I checked device status and have a wifi MAC address showing but IP address unavailable. I am in no way a techy but I can usually solve problems doing searches but I have found nothing to fix this

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum Patricia

Can you get it connected to another location, like a public WiFi?
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Welcome to the forum Patricia

Can you get it connected to another location, like a public WiFi?
    Thanks for welcoming me to the forum and for responding Leeshor! I've tried to connect it to my hotspot on my iphone -no luck-

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    That may not be the best test. You need to find a friend's WiFi or an open public hotspot at a coffee shop or any one of dozens of other option. Connecting to a phone can be tricky, the other options should be easier. We're trying to rule out a hardware issue.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Angry Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 completely lost Wi-Fi

The problem is not that the tablet can't connect to a wi-fi source, it's that you can't even turn the wi-fi on. As someone pointed out earlier you can hit the Wi-Fi on switch and it says turning on for a few seconds then goes back to the Off position, and a message appears saying 'If you want to connect to a network turn on your wireless' - which is obviously not possible. After some research and finding no obvious answer, I took my tablet to a Samsung Centre where the assistant spent ages telling me it was probably 'software' but as my warranty had run out, tough, he could book it in but I'd have to pay - When pressed he admitted it would cost me 165 - at which point I told him to forget it, as I could buy a new tablet for that sort of money. Not wishing to completely give up I decided to reinstall the original version of Android to see if that would clear the problem. No chance - with the earlier version of Android it reacts as thoughthere's no wireless hardware available at all. Then reinstalling the latest version there's still no wireless. So it appears to be a 'hardware' problem. I've even opened up the tablet to check all connections (disconnected/reseated etc.) with no improvement. I am therefore led to believe that (a) It is a failure in the wireless hardware. (b) Samsung 'know' about this and the assistant was giving me the price for fitting a new 'motherboard'. (c) I knew there was a reason I preferred PC's when it comes to fixing them. Sorry for going on, but it is a bit annoying. DAI (UK)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Same problem with my Galaxy Tab 2 WIFI.

I am having the same problem too. My WIFI and bluetooth is both dead. Neither will switch on. I took the unit to a tablet repair shop and they could not fix the problem. They loaded a new factory image and also tried another tab 2 images but nothing worked! I am just going to trash this unit if I dont find anyone who help with this problem. There as been no help anywhere on the web. Never buy a Samsung tablet. They have short life spams! I give up on this unit!!

ken

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Quote Originally Posted by compize View Post
    I am having the same problem too. My WIFI and bluetooth is both dead. Neither will switch on. I took the unit to a tablet repair shop and they could not fix the problem. They loaded a new factory image and also tried another tab 2 images but nothing worked! I am just going to trash this unit if I dont find anyone who help with this problem. There as been no help anywhere on the web. Never buy a Samsung tablet. They have short life spams! I give up on this unit!!

ken
    Add me to the list - same problem - same failed attempts to fix. Also seemed to appear near the same time as the expansion micro-SD card communication failed. One cold re-boot did fix for about a week, but then this same (WiFi will not turn on and scan for networks...) failure. Additional cold-reboots did not fix.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads