Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Smile Tab 2 10.1 - WiFi Not Working, Says "Turning On..."

Hi to all,

I am a new member as of 12/24/2013. I will give you all the details I read on the info forum so someone smart out there can help me:
    I have a Samsung Tab 2 10.1 which I purchased about 1 year ago. It is model #GT-P5113 with android version 4.1.1. Kernel version: 3.1.31 -blackhawk+ ; kumajaya@semator #2 ; SMP PREEMPT Sun Mar 24 13:32 WIT 2013.
    My system is up to date as of Dec. 6, 2013. It worked just fine until this WI-FI issue.

There is another person i here with seems to be the EXACT same problem as me. She is from UK. (that is how I found this forum)
    My WIFI switched off and will not switch back on. I go to settings and click on WIFI and try to turn it on, but the switch will move to the right and turn to a "I" but does not turn green. After 7-8 seconds it will auto switch back to off, but still says "turning on...". It also only says "Turning on..." and will stay like this forever but does NOT turn on WIFI. It stopped working on Dec. 12th 2013 and has not worked since. I also go pull up the box (not sure what to call it) in the bottom right hand corner where the time is and when you pull up this box it has time, date, and you can select Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sound, Screen rotation, etc, and I click on the "Wi-Fi" box, but it only turns a dark green, but

I know my WIFI works as my phone/laptop works through it all the time. I have turned tablet off, restarted it several times I have not done a factory reset as of yet. I have pictures on mine and I just bought a SD card, but I can't find how to transfer pics on Tab memory to SD card?? After doing that I want to try a factory reset.
    Can anyone help or is this just useless junk. Everything else works on the Tab, just you can't get on-line??

Thanks very much in advance if anyone can help me in any way or just tell me this is junk. Would it be worth having someone look at it or is that too costly for what it is worth??
    Thanks much!!! Andy : )
    Pippasmum likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the site. Hope someone can help with this.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the Forum.

Have you tried rebooting your router?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

I have troubleshooted everything

I have rebooted my router 2 times. I have also tried to use it on my parents WiFi and friends WiFi, but my tablet does the same thing and does not act any different on another WiFi system. My cell phone and laptop work fine off my WiFi.

I am assured it is the tablet acting up and not the WiFi connection. The person who had the identical problem from UK on this site did a "restore to factory settings" and this still did not fix the problem. I have restarted my table many times.

I do have AVG Antivirus software on this tablet. I have ran a deep scan and the only thing it find is under "settings" where is says, "unsecure privilege mode detected. Your device is running in High Privilege mode (i.e. it has been rooted). We recommend using only genuine firmware. For more info, please see our FAQs at m.avg.com."

Would that at all affect the WIFI??
    Pippasmum likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_ View Post
    ...I do have AVG Antivirus software on this tablet. I have ran a deep scan and the only thing it find is under "settings" where is says, "unsecure privilege mode detected. Your device is running in High Privilege mode (i.e. it has been rooted). We recommend using only genuine firmware. For more info, please see our FAQs at m.avg.com."

Would that at all affect the WIFI??
    Welcome to the forum Andy, really sorry your having this problem! OK, are you rooted? If you are, I think it might be worth restoring it to stock, and see if that helps. The only other thing I can think of is to uninstall AVG, and then try it. Good luck! Hey, if your not rooted, I would definitely take it back to where you got it and say, "fix it!"

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    my tab2 has similar wifi connection problems, it worked fine at first, then started showing 'connected/disconnected' non stop, it would stay connected for 30 seconds or so and then disconnect on and off all the time. no way of using it.
    i checked wifi, works fine on phones, kindle, lap tops etc.
    backed up data, did full reset - still the same.
    took it to samsung repair centre, it was away for 14 days at a 'level 3' (?) service centre.
    when it came back i was told it was fixed and updated.
    guess what it's still the same .
    what now ?
    Pippasmum likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Hello. I am new to the forum as well. I was experiencing the same problem with my tab. I had restore the factory setting and still does the same thing. It trys to turn on for 7-8 secs and then it automatically turns off. I chatted with a Samsung rep and we followed the protocol and in the end, they advise me to send it in for service. It's just my luck my warranty just expired.
    Any idea how much it would cost to fix it? Or is that another cheaper fix?
    Pippasmum likes this.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Sounds like a Sammy issue. I would press them for a replacement.
    Pippasmum likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I have the same problem! Today I gave over my whole day to try to solve the problem thinking it must be something I have done. So I also have tried various things like the others on here but have had no joy. This must be a Samsung problem since we are all getting this happening so recently. I wonder how we will find out if/when they can fix it. Having done a factory reset I now have a completely useless tablet as I get no further than "Turning on....." etc

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Help!

I have the same issue as the above. I have wiped my tablet and reset it. Tried on other networks. Ive even read that hitting the back helps??!!!!. To no avail.

Just wondering if anyone has found the solution?

Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads