Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Tab 2 10.1 Shuts Down When Connected to Charger, Won't Turn On Until Unplugged

I don't know what's happening but when I connect my charger to my tablet, the screen goes black and it shuts off. There is no sign from the device that it is charging. It will not power up until I disconnect the charger. I left it plugged in all night and when I turned it on again the date had reset to 12 31 1999. Each time I tried to plug it in it has done this and upon power up, the date is set back and the time is wrong. I have to reset it every time. I also see a white notification icon that says an application attempted to run a bad file (or something of the sort) in Google play services. I have no idea how to fix this and I've tried all the quick fix tricks. What should I do? I would like to be able to use it when the charger is connected and have it stay alive. I don't seen any battery charging images either. Please help!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

I suggest that the only thing to try that is likely to have a permanent chance of success is a Factory Reset. You can find a Guide thread on that process in our Guides, FAQs & Tips section, linked from my signature below.

If that doesn't resolve the fault, then assuming you are using the Samsung charger & cable & they are not visibly damaged in any way I would say you have a hardware issue on the charging connection point.

Hope that helps

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I've tried to do a factory reset except it never restarts. It turns off as if it were powered down and when I manually power it on again, the date is reset to 12 31 1999. I was seeing an error message that said Google play services attempted to use a bad file. I uninstalled Google play services and everything else I had on my tablet. Still having the same issue but no alert when it powers on again. I took it to best buy and geek squad looked at it. The problem I am having is something they've never heard off. They attempted to flash my device back to factory reset and each time they connected the charger, it shut down again and was unresponsive until being unplugged again. It is not charging and doing a cold boot factory reset has no effect. They told me there was nothing they could do so I will probably be sending it back. It was bought new off eBay and I don't think there is a warranty. I've only had it since Christmas so I'm very disappointed. Hopefully I can get it replaced or get a new one. Has any one else had a problem like mine?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I had the exact same problem and tried everything you have and nothing was working so I used a different adapter- I'm not sure what brand it is(most likely an old android phone charger) and plugged in the USB and it started working and is currently charging. When you get a new adapter try plugging it into different outlets as well. Hope this helps.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hi I am also having the same problem. I opened the cover, removed the battery and connected again. It switched on but I am unable to charge it with the wall charger. I switched it off and plugged in usb of my laptop. battery icon shows charging. I left it for a few hours and switched on, the battery was indeed charging but too slowly. Unfortunately even now when I plug in wall charger, it turns off and doesn't switch on until the charger is unplugged. I also observed that sometimes even when switched off, the screen shows a charging battery icon even with the charging cable unplugged. I am guessing that this problem could be a hardware fault due to some sweat/ water that might have entered in the charging port and may caused a sort circuit.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I am able to unbrick my tab. I charged it through my laptop usb for a several hours. Its working fine and is charging normally with wall charger. Unfortunately it is not detecting the OTG cable. Can any one help please?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanknova View Post
    I had the exact same problem and tried everything you have and nothing was working so I used a different adapter- I'm not sure what brand it is(most likely an old android phone charger) and plugged in the USB and it started working and is currently charging. When you get a new adapter try plugging it into different outlets as well. Hope this helps.
    Hi! I know that this is a super old thread, but it's the only one that I've found that exactly matches my issue. I have the exact same problem as described by @Shadowlovely91 and @Blanknova. I know that @Blanknova mentioned using an alternative charging cable. @Blanknova, I hope you might see this post. I was wondering if you know what cable you were using to get your tablet working again? @Shadowlovely91, I was wondering if you ever got your tablet working again? If so, how?

If anyone else has any additional solutions for this problem, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks so much!

Remove Ads

Ads