Thread: Micro SD Card & Photos

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Micro SD Card & Photos

Hi, new to this, just purchased a Galaxy Tablet 2 (7in). Have installed a 32Gb Micro SD card and formatted it. How do I transfer photo's, memo's etc onto this card.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

In simple terms, just use a file manager app. Samsung have one loaded as standard, I believe (in the app drawer), but there are plenty to choose from on the Play Store. ES File Manager is a good one which is highly rated. Another excellent app (but for photo viewing) is QuickPic - it is far superior to Gallery & much easier to use, too.

For more detail, let me recommend Leeshor's guide thread on a related, similar subject - you'll find it in our Guides, FAQs & Tips section (linked from my signature, below)

You may well find the other threads linked to be of interest too, as a new owner of your tablet.

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 01-20-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Photo's

Could somebody help me out and tell me the best way (easist &#128515 way to transfer photo's from my camera to my Galaxy Tablet.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    It depends. If your camera has USB out, and your TAB has USB in, and the TAB recognizes the format, (lots of ifs) just plugging it in should allow a file manager to copy/move/cut/paste the photos. If the TAB has a microSD slot and the camera a removable microSD card that would work.

Depending on the state of all those possibilities you could also transfer them to your computer, in a shared folder, then use something like AirDroid to transfer them to the TAB, or use something like ES File Explorer to access the share and do the same thing,
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Thanks for the prompt reply, I have now downloaded the E S File Manager but I am totally baffled as to how to use it. I think my biggest problem is that for years I have been using windows products. Windows Explorer etc. so seem to be on a very steep learning curve. I assumed I would be able to select a file or photo and just move to the SD Card but that doesn't seem possible.

I have downloaded the Samsung user guide but there is a lack of detail in there.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Using any of the Android file managers is easy once you get the hang of it, some more than others. But they all manage files differently and none act like Windows explorer. You may want to check out AirDroid from the Google Store as it will provide you a way to access the internal and external storage of your tablet with a more familiar interface AND from your computer
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hi Phil,

First of all I have merged your two threads together as they essentially cover the same ground - learning how to use a file Manager app on your Tab.

I think that your best option is to just spend some time in ES File Manager & familiarise yourself with the way it works - so for example (assuming your microSD card is inserted)...

• Open ES - your start screen should have something like "sdcard" in the top right corner with a little triangle near it. This is displaying the internal storage of your Tab with all the folders listed
    • Tap the triangle & you'll get a drop down list with "extSDcard" - tap that & you'll be displaying your microSDcard
    • To copy files from internal storage to microSD, (or vica versa) navigate to the folder desired, or individual file.
    • Long press on the folder or file & a series of boxes will appear on the right hand side - the folder or file you long pressed on will have a tick in it
    • You can tick other files if you wish & then select copy, cut, delete or whatever from the menu choice at the bottom of the screen
    • After that it is just a case of going to where you want to copy or move the files and pasting them there

Getting files from your camera will be a similar operation - easy if it uses a microSD card.
    If it uses something else, then you could either use some of the techniques that Leeshor suggests or get a cheap, third party adapter from Amazon that goes from your charging port to a USB socket. Then you can use that to copy files onto your Tab.

Hope that helps & all the best
    Last edited by janner43; 01-21-2014 at 01:53 AM.
    leeshor likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Thanks very much, think I understand what is going on now, give me plenty to try out tonight/tomorrow.
    janner43 likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    With the help of a Computer Literate friend I have found another way to transfer files from a P. C. to a Galaxy Tablet. The P. C. has to have a version of Windows that is XP or newer, there is a folder in 'Documents & Settings' titled Users or All Users, copy your music, photo's etc. to this folder. Open the ES File Manager and in the LAN page do a scan, it will find all other devices that are on the same Wi Fi network, once the scan is finished open the P. C. icon and you can see the Users folder, you can then copy/move your music, photo's to a folder in the internal memory or the Micro SD card.

Hope that the above is useful to some users and I hope I have explained it clearly.
    leeshor and janner43 like this.

Remove Ads

Ads